Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You guys fall for it every time, don't you? You know who you sound like? The hope and change crowd during the 2008 election. And how do they feel now? Like they have been thrown under the bus.

You need to quit taking those stupid pills or is it a delusional pill that you are addicted to. Obama and the Democrats are going down to a big defeat in 012. If the Repubs do not clean house and improve the economy, the voters will throw both parties under the bus and the Tea Party candidates will take power in 016.

You guys fall for it every time, don't you? You know who you sound like? The hope and change crowd during the 2008 election. And how do they feel now? Like they have been thrown under the bus.

I don't know what it will take, or even if it's possible to clean house across the board in Washington. People get elected or selected and move there and they NEVER LEAVE.

Even when you consider the revolutions of the past, what did they actually accomplish? Of course, it was fun to watch some of the political and economic elite be imprisoned, beheaded, or exiled... but who took their place? You and me? Hell no, it was the layer just beneath the rotting aristocracy who aspired to be the rotting aristocracy. It would be like if the English people haul HRH out of Buckingham, only to replace her with the Duke of Norfolk. Big deal.
    Damn! Did you just come around, or have you always felt this way? You're beginning to sound alot like me...

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Ingraham: Can you make a promise right now–this is a really important promise–a pledge on The Laura Ingraham Show, that you will never vacation in Martha’s Vineyard?

Perry: I’m not even sure if I know where it is…."

Texas governor.... not very smart.... anyone else having deja vu? :D
    Why would you expect a Texan to know where the Island is ?....It's in Yankee New England for GOD sake and most Texans avoid Yankees as a matter of choice..The place is wall to wall Yankees,.. I doubt that ten honest Conservatives have ever lived there ... ..As an comparison,without looking it up, are you familiar with Matagorda Island in Texas ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why would you expect a Texan to know where the Island is ?....It's in Yankee New England for GOD sake and most Texans avoid Yankees as a matter of choice..The place is wall to wall Yankees,.. I doubt that ten honest Conservatives have ever lived there ... ..As an comparison,without looking it up, are you familiar with Matagorda Island in Texas ?
    Or Padre Island but you know those two islands in TX just do not have the drooling Snob Factor as Martha's Vineyard.

Power CUer
    Yes, I'm familiar with Matagorda. My brother in law and his family live in Houston and have a second house at Galveston.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I don't know what it will take, or even if it's possible to clean house across the board in Washington. People get elected or selected and move there and they NEVER LEAVE.

Even when you consider the revolutions of the past, what did they actually accomplish? Of course, it was fun to watch some of the political and economic elite be imprisoned, beheaded, or exiled... but who took their place? You and me? Hell no, it was the layer just beneath the rotting aristocracy who aspired to be the rotting aristocracy. It would be like if the English people haul HRH out of Buckingham, only to replace her with the Duke of Norfolk. Big deal.
    Ooh, the oh-so-sophisticated cynical pose. Haven't seen that since... what, your last post?
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Ingraham: Can you make a promise right now–this is a really important promise–a pledge on The Laura Ingraham Show, that you will never vacation in Martha’s Vineyard?

Perry: I’m not even sure if I know where it is…."

Texas governor.... not very smart.... anyone else having deja vu? :D
    Washington Beltway insider judging a Texas Governor's intelligence based on whether he can find Martha's Vineyard... Yep, sure seems familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It was a joke sweetie that just passed right over your head. Plus, for most Americans except the Yankee elites who live in that area, it is called Who Gives a Shit.

Perry would be a bad dream for the Repub Eastern Establishment crowd like Mitt, Rudy Tootie, Rove, Newt Krawhammer, etc. RINO's desperately despise someone like Palin, Bachman or Perry because their apple cart would be upset. I agree that DC is a seedy place because of the corruption and spending. Tough shit if you do not. Deja vu will be if we get a President that is only slightly better than Obama like Romney.
    The governing class sees themselves as a meritocracy, based on their ability to get into Ivy League schools and repeat MSNBC talking points to each other at cocktail parties. They assume that anyone without their pedigree is simply not up to par, and it's their job to cull them before the great unwashed can elect them to someplace where they can undo all of the good works that made us what we are today, namely broke. Perry lacks the breeding and refinement that sends a tingle up Chris Matthews' leg, and his pants lack that perfect crease that David Brooks considers oh-so-necessary to identify leadership potential. The kind of man who carries a gun when he goes jogging and shoots coyotes is not the sort of person who knows the proper etiquette to employ at a faculty mixer or Georgetown soiree. He's just too, too common to be running the country. Why, if he were elected, he might upset the careful planning that went into Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the National Debt and a host of other programs which are running just fine, thank you, and will continue to run well after the end of Obama's term. which is all that really matters, for as Lord Keynes said, in the long run, we are all dead. Our kids can pay the bills. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Ooh, the oh-so-sophisticated cynical pose. Haven't seen that since... what, your last post?
    You're so cuddly when you're being paternal.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    That is the truth. We just came from there. We saw very few Southern license plates in New England, or anywhere up there.

We saw a helluva lot of NORTHERN plates in the South.

I am liking Rick Perry more every time I hear or read about him. I'm still favoring Bachmann, but Perry is a very strong second. And, I believe he just might be the next POTUS.

Romney, well, a Massachusetts RINO won't ever be elected President. First off, most of the country hates Massachusetts and just about anybody who comes from there, a legacy created thanks to the late unlamented Lifeguard Teddy.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

And you're such a failbot when you try to be cute.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

You being infantile brings out the father in me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!