Thread: Politics and Dating

1. #1 Politics and Dating 
    Politics and dating
    Published: 2:59 PM 08/23/2011

By Emily Esfahani Smith
    Daily Caller.com

EXCERPT:

The Financial Times recently ran a fascinating report about the inner-workings of the successful online dating website Match.com. Like many social networking websites, Match.com is powered by a sophisticated algorithm — or mathematical function — that uses a number of variables to bring people together in the virtual world. In this case, Match.com is bringing single people together for the sake of meeting online and then — if all goes well — dating in the real world.

The algorithm needs data to work. It gets that data from the way users behave on the site. For example, if a female user is browsing the profiles of older men, the algorithm will know that she is interested in older men, and it will filter her search results accordingly.

From data like this, Match.com was able to draw a conclusion about politics and dating. According to Match.com engineer Amarnath Thombre, “Conservatives are far more open to reaching out to someone [on the dating site] with a different point of view than a liberal is.” In other words, conservatives are far more tolerant of dating liberals than liberals are of spending time with conservatives.

The Rest of the Story

~QC
    Last edited by CueSi; 08-26-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

As someone still in the dating game, I can testify to this. I'm more likely to see profiles with big warnings to Conservatives to stay the hell away. I rarely see the opposite. . .unless that person is alot older and just wants one fewer thing to fight about.
    And if I had a nickel for every time I've either had to bite my tongue or have a guy stare at me like I had two heads when politics did come up, I could buy the perfect guy or girl on custom order.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    In other words, conservatives are far more tolerant of dating liberals than liberals are of spending time with conservatives.
    Easily sorted out.

Most conservatives are male.
    Most liberals are female.
    Most people are heterosexual.
    Most heterosexual males are too busy trying to charm a female into having sex to care what she is saying about politics.

You won't find a lot of mixed political gay male couples. It's not an issue with lesbians- they are all communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Easily sorted out.

Most heterosexual males are too busy trying to charm a female into having sex to care what she is saying about politics.

You won't find a lot of mixed political gay male couples. It's not an issue with lesbians- they are all communists.
    That could be true, but in my search for men or women, men are just as likely to have a "NO CONSERVATIVES" or it's cousin. . .as a notation.

So, men do have limits on whom they have sex with.

~QC

Banned
    I dated a gal from Boston for many years off and on who is a liberal. I could not watch Peter Jennings without getting in an argument with her. So, I would go play with her cocker spaniel out in the yard. She even voted for Nader who is way out in left field. I could not convince her that her job at a chemical plant on the MS river would be in jeopardy if he won. Liberals have this insane ideology that is hard to change.

~QC
    Hey! I find that offensive! I for one don't have any limits on the women I have sex with! :D
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart
    Easily sorted out.

No wonder Tammy Bruce has so much trouble getting dates. :D

If you adjust the data for gender, I suspect that this will still hold true. Kieth Olbermann dated Ann Coulter, and Mary Matalin married James Carville, so there are some conservative women were willing to date liberal men. OTOH, you do see lots of liberal women who refuse to even consider conservative men. My own experience bears this out. I've had a lot of budding relationships fail when women found out that I was a conservative.

That could be true, but in my search for men or women, men are just as likely to have a "NO CONSERVATIVES" or it's cousin. . .as a notation.

~QC
    Some do. It's a function of age, sobriety and whether your seeing eye dog howls and tugs at the leash in the other direction. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Hey! I find that offensive! I for one don't have any limits on the women I have sex with! :D
    So many punch lines...

So little bandwidth...

:D:D:D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

So many punch lines...

So little bandwidth...

:D:D:D
    Punchlines to you Colonel, reality to me. :p
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

That poor Rachel Maddow....

Why can't she find a find a good decent man....;)
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No wonder Tammy Bruce has so much trouble getting dates. :D
    Uh, YES. She's still Pro-Choice, but ... her backing of Sarah Palin, her generalized "f*ck you" to the LBGTQUIA establishment, and basically daily calling out of NOW makes her the most undateable lesbian ever in the history of lesbians. In that clannish world, to be seen on that pretty lady's arm would mark you for social death, and double secret probation.
    I don't know if I'd forsake men for the lovely Ms. Bruce, but . . . I ain't gonna lie, I'd date her for a hot minute. She's sharp, armed, cute, and funny. But I think she's holding out for when they clone Sarah Palin.
    :(

If you adjust the data for gender, I suspect that this will still hold true. Kieth Olbermann dated Ann Coulter, and Mary Matalin married James Carville, so there are some conservative women were willing to date liberal men. OTOH, you do see lots of liberal women who refuse to even consider conservative men. My own experience bears this out. I've had a lot of budding relationships fail when women found out that I was a conservative.
    Many men have tried to change me, and some have outright tried to HUMILIATE ME . . .but, they still ask me out, so... YEAH. But I keep my politics totally under wraps from women I date. I don't even think the ex that has known me the longest knows how I vote. And she's known me from like... 2004 ish.

~QC