Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dooooooooooooooooomed!!!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Man...SLW and I will be able to buy some Jersey Shore property real cheap soon...
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Man...SLW and I will be able to buy some Jersey Shore property real cheap soon...
    :D
    I think you will be going by yourself.:) Looks like it could be a very bad one.

Winds are DOWN to 105 mph. Just sayin...

Power CUer
    Winds are DOWN to 105 mph. Just sayin...
    I was just in the cafe in my office building getting a sandwich. The head of FEMA was on TV saying the DC area should expect power outages of "up to a week, or more". Looks like we'll be grilling all the meat in the freezer again.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I think you will be going by yourself.:) Looks like it could be a very bad one.
    And you will be right. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was just in the cafe in my office building getting a sandwich. The head of FEMA was on TV saying the DC area should expect power outages of "up to a week, or more". Looks like we'll be grilling all the meat in the freezer again.
    We bought about 4 larger coolers in St Louis to help with power outages and filled them with ice. They held the food quite a while. Good luck, hope they're wrong about the track of the storm and the intensity.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Well what else can they say? I'm telling ya, this has all the earmarks of a typical overblown NorEaster story except it's August.

Well what else can they say? I'm telling ya, this has all the earmarks of a typical overblown NorEaster story except it's August.
    they are saying now it will only be a 14% chance of hurricane condtions where i live and 82% tropcal storm conditons so meh

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    You sound disappointed that it's slowing down and weakening ?

Banned
    Meat will last in the freezer 3 1/2 days if you fill the freezer up and do not open the door too much. As long as the defrosted meat stays cool to the touch, it is not bad. If you have room, freeze water in gallon jugs. The more things you have frozen in the freezer the better.

Some people hit their insurance co. up for spoilage. I never did cause I don't want my rates going up.