Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lefty Hippies Arrested Over New Pipeline 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    http://www.mrctv.org/videos/protest-series-keystone-xl-oil-pipeline

For the next couple of weeks, environmental activists will converge on the White House to protest a proposed oil pipeline that will stretch from Canada to Texas. The activists plan to be really loud and annoying and hopefully get arrested in order to draw attention to their cause. B-actor Mark Ruffalo, the spiritual leader of the movement is scheduled to join the rally next week, but for the time being the protest has largely been populated with aging hippies who are calling for President Obama to put the kibosh on the pipeline which they claim will add to global warming. Of course, the pipeline will also likely lead to a lot of new jobs, but far be it for the environmental movement to concern themselves with 9% unemployment. MRCTV.org went down to the White House to talk to some of these activists and make fun of them when warranted.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That was hilarious!!!!! :D

Oil...BAD!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

OMG, the stupid hurts......

Who is Mark Ruffalo
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Who is Mark Ruffalo
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0749263/
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Who is Mark Ruffalo
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    babsbunny (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-27-11 08:52 AM
    Original message Obama approves oil pipeline from Alberta tar sands to Texas coast http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/26/obama...

Obama approves oil pipeline from Alberta tar sands to Texas coast

Campaigners disappointed as White House says 1,700-mile pipeline will not cause significant environmental damage

Suzanne Goldenberg, US environment correspondent

The Obama administration gave an important approval yesterday to a controversial pipeline that will pump oil from the tar sands of Alberta to the Texas coast.

In a blow to campaigners, who have spent the last week at a sit-in at the White House, the State Department said the proposed 1,700-mile pipeline would not cause significant damage to the environment.

The State Department in its report said the project – which would pipe more than 700,000 barrels a day of tar sands crude to Texas refineries – would not increase greenhouse gas emissions. It also downplayed the risks of an accident from piping highly corrosive tar sands crude across prime American farmland.

Campaigners accused the State Department of consistently overlooking the potential risks of the pipeline.

May the FORCE be with you!

Anything that will create good paying jobs they will protest.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I never thought i'd see the day that Obama would approve ANYTHING oil related, let alone something this big and good for the country:eek:
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Anything that will create good paying jobs they will protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I never thought i'd see the day that Obama would approve ANYTHING oil related, let alone something this big and good for the country:eek:
    It's importing oil to Texas. If I had to hazard a guess, he's doing this to suppress the domestic oil industry. Alberta is on the west coast. California has oil refineries. Why isn't the pipeline going there? It's just more dependence on foreign oil, at the expense of American production.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!