1. #1 Tell me I am being paranoid and the GOP would NEVER sink this low... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Honest to God...these idiots kill me.

LuckyTheDog (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-26-11 08:05 PM
    Original message Tell me I am being paranoid and the GOP would NEVER sink this low...... I keep thinking that some of the scum in Congress will try to hold up funding for post-Irene relief efforts till they get cuts in Social Security and Medicare.

I'm just being a nut, right? Surely that won't happen... right?

Woof!

nadinbrzezinski (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-26-11 09:22 PM
    Response to Original message

20. Alas you are not paranoid

Well that seals it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised on this one. I don't think it's paranoid. It's just how politicians--ALL politiicians--do business. And we're coming up on an election year.

Oh, and nadin is a nutcase.

One crazy person telling another crazy person she isn't crazy

You just can't make this stuff up.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I thought a certain amount of emergency funding and disaster relief funding is at the President's fingertips and pre-approved for dispersal?

Of course, knowing Obama, he'll definitely want to capitalize on this disaster and attempt to push a $1 Trillion "aid" package through in order to create more uncertainty and deliver another blow to investor confidence to further his efforts at undermining the American capitalist system. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Malloc, you're basically right. For natural disasters on the scale of Irene, which looks to be MUCH less than the worst-case predictions, there normally isn't a special appropriation that would have to be navigated through Congress, and especially not for any urgent needs.

Fabulous Poster
    The politicians are looking forward to the damage of Irene. Liberating that cash from the insurance companies and national flood insurance program will put a lot of people to work, from clean up to handyman to licensed contractor, builder and supplier.

All politicians take credit for economic improvements on their watch.

Hurricane Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised on this one. I don't think it's paranoid. It's just how politicians--ALL politiicians--do business. And we're coming up on an election year.

Oh, and nadin is a nutcase.
    Given that you agree with the premise of that stupid OP...I'd say you're just as crazy as she is.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.