Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Will the Music World Protest Against Feds Eco-Zealous Raid On Gibson Guitar? 
    Will the Music World Protest Against Feds Eco-Zealous Raid On Gibson Guitar?

by Hollywoodland
    BigHollywood.com
    Posted Aug 26th 2011

The music world stand up against overzealous Feds? This is 2011, when Fascism is cool, not 1968 when rock -n- roll meant freedom – as opposed to Bigger, Fatter, Government.
    Gisbon CEO Hanry Juszkiewicz contributes to conservative candidates, so that probably won’t endear him to the music world either, no matter how righteous his cause.
    Those contributions, however, might help to explain this absurd raid:
    Federal agents swooped in on Gibson Guitar Wednesday, raiding factories and offices in Memphis and Nashville, seizing several pallets of wood, electronic files and guitars. The Feds are keeping mum, but in a statement yesterday Gibson’s chairman and CEO, Henry Juszkiewicz, defended his company’s manufacturing policies, accusing the Justice Department of bullying the company. “The wood the government seized Wednesday is from a Forest Stewardship Council certified supplier,” he said, suggesting the Feds are using the aggressive enforcement of overly broad laws to make the company cry uncle.
    It isn’t the first time that agents of the Fish and Wildlife Service have come knocking at the storied maker of such iconic instruments as the Les Paul electric guitar, the J-160E acoustic-electric John Lennon played, and essential jazz-boxes such as Charlie Christian’s ES-150. In 2009 the Feds seized several guitars and pallets of wood from a Gibson factory, and both sides have been wrangling over the goods in a case with the delightful name “United States of America v. Ebony Wood in Various Forms.”
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Rest of the Story

I scratched my head at the shut down of GM dealerships that contributed to Republicans. This is straight up making me go...

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Yup....

That is OUR government at work...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I know some of the ICE Agents that went on the Nashville raid, and I can guarantee that the agents had no political agenda here. These guys are as conservative as anyone I know and more so than some on CU. If they confiscated the wood, they were justified.

That does not mean that their "Higher Ups" didnt give them the case to investigate in the first place.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    I know some of the ICE Agents that went on the Nashville raid, and I can guarantee that the agents had no political agenda here. These guys are as conservative as anyone I know and more so than some on CU. If they confiscated the wood, they were justified.

That does not mean that their "Higher Ups" didnt give them the case to investigate in the first place.
    That I can believe. But I have my stink eye at the higher ups. . . If the DOJ is right on this one, it doesn't make them clean, you know?

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

5. #5 Report: Gibson Competitor is Dem Donor; Uses Same Wood, Experienced No Federal Raids 
    Report: Gibson Competitor is Dem Donor; Uses Same Wood, Experienced No Federal Raids

John Nolte
    BigHollywood.com
    Aug 27th 2011

EXCERPT:

Via Andrew Lawton at Landmark Report:
    One of Gibson’s leading competitors is C.F. Martin & Company. The C.E.O., Chris Martin IV, is a long-time Democratic supporter, with $35,400 in contributions to Democratic candidates and the DNC over the past couple of elections (though, to be fair, he did donate a whopping $750 to Republican Congressmen in the 90s.) According to C.F. Martin’s catalog, several of their guitars contain “East Indian Rosewood.” In case you were wondering, that is the exact same wood in at least ten of Gibson’s guitars.
    If true, it add another piece to an increasingly disturbing puzzle.
    You can listen to Gibson CEO (and Republican supporter) Henry E. Juszkiewicz’s interview with Dana Loesch here.

~*~*~*`*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~QC

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Report: Gibson Competitor is Dem Donor; Uses Same Wood, Experienced No Federal Raids

John Nolte
    BigHollywood.com
    Aug 27th 2011

EXCERPT:

You can listen to Gibson CEO (and Republican supporter) Henry E. Juszkiewicz’s interview with Dana Loesch here.

~*~*~*`*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~QC
    Wow, this isn't looking good for the feds.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    This happens pretty routinely, price of doing business. It's existed in one form or another since the dawn of society.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post

John Nolte
    BigHollywood.com
    Aug 27th 2011

EXCERPT:

~*~*~*`*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~QC

Well when you have a pResident who says he would use Tax Audits as punishment for being slighted, what do you expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmcLf...layer_embedded
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post

The orders to raid and confiscate came from the top and you see how fast and furious is panning out. With all the problems this country has you would think that a raid on a guitar factory would be way, way down on a list of things to do. It looks like it might be a political hit job.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    This happens pretty routinely, price of doing business. It's existed in one form or another since the dawn of society.
    Yes, it's called corruption, and it's been with us in every society. However, just societies don't tolerate it and they prosecute those who corrupt the political process for their own gain.

Am I surprised that there is corruption in the "most transparent administration in history"? Nope.

Am I surprised that you would try to carry water for them? Nope. Corrupt people tend to stick together.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!