Herbed Zucchini Soup
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 115, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 450mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 7g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Protein: 10g
Carb Choices: 0.5
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 3 cup(s) broth, reduced-sodium chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
1. Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Puree in a blender, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
4. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated.
5. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.