1. #1 Back to the dark ages 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

I was wondering what happened to Cyrano...

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-27-11 05:54 PM
    Original message Back to the dark ages I once thought that we Americans were advancing into an enlightened future. What a fool I was. I didn’t understand the idiocy, or the homicidal/suicidal nature of humanity.

Over 65 years ago, WWII ended. And then America built a middle class. I’m not sure that there was such a thing as a middle class until then. The government’s GI program, the ability to get an education, to buy a home and to own a car by holding just one job, became a reality. But most importantly, people had the chance to send their children to college hoping that their lives would be better than their own.

That era is long gone and an incredible meanness and ugliness has overtaken our country. The Republican Party has demolished what was once called “The American Dream.” Their leaders destroyed it out of greed. And their followers destroyed it out of ignorance.

In the 1980s, under the rule of the amiable imbecile, Ronald Reagan, the destruction of America started in earnest. Unions were demolished, government oversight of business rules and regulations were tossed into the dumpster, and the idea of people paying taxes was redefined as “evil.”

If you think that taxes are “evil,” how do you build roads, fix bridges, educate children recover from disasters, care for veterans, help the elderly and everyone else who is mentally or physically disabled and can’t help themselves? Obviously, you can’t. So the truth is that today’s Republican Party doesn’t give a damn about any of this. The fact is, they don’t care who lives or dies, as long as it doesn’t affect them personally.

Such people used to be called barbarians. Today, we call them Republicans.

Assuming that you don’t already get it, the Republicans, and far too many blue dog Democrats, are your deadly enemies. What we can do to regain our freedoms is questionable and limited. Personally, I think that humanity is screwed until the next Renaissance rolls around.

So welcome to the new dark ages. And if you have a concept that will help us avoid a prolonged period of darkness, please share it with us.

Someone woke up cranky...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

First, Cyrano after WWII we had something called the Post War Boom, that's how a lot of Americans became Middle Class or even rich.

Most of problems you are talking about came from guys like you who just had to interject themselves into other peoples lives without being invited. And as for the American Dream, you again were waiting to smash people down with a hammer because they were successful at something. Same goes for we, with disabilities; you want to turn anyone you see as a " victim " into a house pet because you think none of us can function in world without you.

Why not allow the American people a chance to run their own lives for a change instead you doing this all the time

Now and get out of my life.

I don't to say this twice.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 08-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Sheesh..The LIBS have the Senate AND the WH. Are they ever happy?

GI benefits are better than ever Cyrano, in fact they are really pretty frickin' fantastic compared to what the guys that fought WW2 got. Thing is, you have to actually serve in the military to get them, just like back then.

Loser.

Cyrano, if you really want to talk about a return to the dark ages - look at the attempts of the leftist elites to control the every day choices of the masses - what we can eat - smoke - how long we will live . . . . etc. You might want to look into Feudalism and history in general and you might find out how wrong you really are.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

In the 1980s, under the rule of the amiable imbecile, Ronald Reagan, the destruction of America started in earnest. Unions were demolished, government oversight of business rules and regulations were tossed into the dumpster, and the idea of people paying taxes was redefined as “evil.”
    Quick quiz for the lurkers and Cyrano.

What do you think one of the biggest issues that led to the American Revolution was?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Quick quiz for the lurkers and Cyrano.

What do you think one of the biggest issues that led to the American Revolution was?
    They didn't like tea?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!