Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DUmmies freely expose their hatred and ignorance 
    Tx4obama (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:07 AM
    Original message
    Can anyone tell me what the hell the Republicans are actually 'for'?

I have a partial LIST of what the Republicans DO NOTwant, but I have not heard much at all what they are 'for' other than 'small government' and Our Government IS smaller now than under Reagan.

Republicans do NOT want to support/fund ...

Social Security
    Medicare
    Universal Heath-care
    The EPA
    Medical Research
    Public Schools/Higher Education
    Government Intervention in National Disasters
    Civil Rights
    Women's Rights
    Gay Rights
    Union/Worker's Rights
    FEMA
    A National Weather Service
    Etc.

I think it is NOT going to be hard at all for President Obama to define the differences in the two parties during the 2012 election.

If the American pubic were to be educated, with the FACTS, on many of the issues that affect their lives - I can not see how any one would ever vote for a Republican!

And in my opinion, anyone in America that thinks that voting does not matter they really should take a closer look at the differences in the two parties that we currently have.
    You can pretty much predict what the responses will be, none of which has anything to do with the Republican platform.

Always one of the first to expose his ignorance:

Atman (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:15 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. Themselves.

No one else.
    mmonk (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:20 AM
    5. They are for a rightwing redneck dictatorship if Perry gets the nod

as their nominee for President. A rightwing dictatorship if not.
    Vinca (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:41 AM
    8. Themselves. Me, me, me, me, me. Whatever makes them happy.

Whatever loads up their bank accounts.
    tsuki (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:43 AM
    10. Misery. nt
    bluestate10 (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:47 AM
    11. Evil. Can't think of anything good that republicans work for. nt

Kurmudgeon (844 posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:51 AM
    13. They are the for rich and the very richest of rich.

Any of those things you list that affects the profit or power of the rich you can expect the GOP to be against.

Uben (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:57 AM
    14. NO

It's that simple. No is what they're for. No for everything they don't want, whether it's good for the country or not. Yeah, that sounds like treason to me, too. After this congress, how can any American be a republican? I am ashamed that republicans are allowed to live in the U.S. They are a pox on our society. They have lost all reason and are resorting to throwing tantrums over everything like a bunch of three yr olds. I cannot associate with anyone who would vote republican, and I live in a deep red part of Texas, so that's most of the people. I don't talk to them anymore. I don't want to. They suck. I'm tired of hearing their lame fucking excuses for everything. The ignorance is astounding. So, I keep my circle tight.
    There you have it. This is what the uber-intillgent "critical thinkers" at DU act like - a bunch of pathetic ignorant children.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x1830857

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We're against FEMA??? DAMMIT, then why was Lord O at their HQ yesterday making believe he cared???

Close it down RIGHT NOW!!!! :mad::D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    You can pretty much predict what the responses will be, none of which has anything to do with the Republican platform.
    I hate to be put in the position of defending the DU kiddies, but can you support your statement and refute their list?

Who wants to "privatize" Social Security?

Who deludes themselves into thinking that private insurers will step up to replace Medicare a rate that senior citizens, the disabled, and the indigent can afford?

Who opposes Universal Healthcare despite the fact that we're already paying more per person in this country than a comprehensive Single Payer system costs ANYWHERE in the civilized world?

Who opposed the Equal Right Amendments and the ENDA as well as almost any law designed to guarantee equal rights to gay people?

Who is cheering on the union busting and "social engineering", even though most of their great/grandparents were moved into the middle class through unionized labor or government programs like VA benefits?

I confess I wasn't aware that the Republican party opposes the National Weather Service but after reading where some right wing idiots are claiming that Hurricane Irene is a liberal scam with only 33 MPH winds, I'm inclined to believe that at least some do.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I hate to be put in the position of defending the DU kiddies, but can you support your statement and refute their list?

Who wants to "privatize" Social Security? Privatizing is not being against it. In fact it would SAVE it AND provide a $30,000/year earner nearly $2 million retirement fund instead of the poverty they would be trapped in if they are dependent on SS.

Who deludes themselves into thinking that private insurers will step up to replace Medicare a rate that senior citizens, the disabled, and the indigent can afford? Who is creating a straw man argument?

Who opposes Universal Healthcare despite the fact that we're already paying more per person in this country than a comprehensive Single Payer system costs ANYWHERE in the civilized world? That is simply an apples and oranges comparison. It is not accurate. Our per capita spending is driven up by a MUCH greater rate of elective surgeries AND by new technologies that first implemented HERE because other countries don't pay for them at all.

Who opposed the Equal Right Amendments and the ENDA as well as almost any law designed to guarantee equal rights to gay people? He said the EPA not ERA and because we aer against an oppressive government master does not equate to being against a clean environment.

Who is cheering on the union busting and "social engineering", even though most of their great/grandparents were moved into the middle class through unionized labor or government programs like VA benefits? Don't confuse support for unions as being in favor of the worker, or vice-versa

I confess I wasn't aware that the Republican party opposes the National Weather Service but after reading where some right wing idiots are claiming that Hurricane Irene is a liberal scam with only 33 MPH winds, I'm inclined to believe that at least some do.
    This post that we are talking about is about as deep as the width of a hair.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Privatizing is not being against it. In fact it would SAVE it AND provide a $30,000/year earner nearly $2 million retirement fund instead of the poverty they would be trapped in if they are dependent on SS..
    How much will it provide for the person who bathes you and wipes your ass in the nursing home for minwage?

How much will it provide for those American workers we want to replace the illegal aliens in the fields?

Social Security isn't supposed to be a private investment plan, you can call it a Ponzi but the basics are a mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    How much will it provide for the person who bathes you and wipes your ass in the nursing home for mintage?
    Who ever said it was the governments job to provide for this?

How much will it provide for those American workers we want to replace the illegal aliens in the fields?
    Who do you think did those jobs before Liberals started seeing illegals as "potential Democrat Party voters"?

Social Security isn't supposed to be a private investment plan, you can call it a Ponzi but the basics are a mutual.
    Social Security revenue wasn't supposed to be dumped into the general fund for the bloated Federal Budget with nothing but an IOU left in it's place. Nor was it supposed to take the place of people putting money away for their own retirement.

And one last thing...let me correct your blatant falsehood about Social Security privatization.

No one ever suggested privatizing all of Social Security. The plan...had you paid attention...was to allow people to privately invest a portion of what was being deducted from their checks as they say fit with the bulk of their Social Security deduction still being illegally used by the Feds.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

And gay people have always had the same rights as everyone else. I, for one, am opposed to giving them special rights.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Who ever said it was the governments job to provide for this?
    Well, it's actually the taxpayers but either way, it's why it's called a safety net.

Who do you think did those jobs before Liberals started seeing illegals as "potential Democrat Party voters"? .
    I'm 52. Foreign migrant workers have been picking in the fields of the Eastern Seaboard all of my life, the difference is that when I was a child, they were kept in fenced migrant camps and then sent home at the end of the season. They were brought here legally by contractors.

One doesn't generally think of agribusiness as being a bunch of liberals, the Florida Tomato Growers certainly aren't and farmers of my home state make Ron Paul look like a big government supporter.

Get your brain out of the Rush Limbaugh mode. Illegal aliens can't and don't vote. They should be deported, and indeed there are lots of liberals who oppose that- none of those liberals own farms to the best of my knowledge. The people with power fighting strict immigration enforcement in Florida are REPUBLICANS!

Social Security revenue wasn't supposed to be dumped into the general fund for the bloated Federal Budget with nothing but an IOU left in it's place. Nor was it supposed to take the place of people putting money away for their own retirement.

Absolutely true. The SS money should not be borrowed or stolen by the federal government. However, there is nothing stopping someone with extra money from building his own retirement account in addition to participating in the safety net. There are plenty of paycheck financial geniuses relying on the safety net because something went wrong. There are also a lot of retired people working at Walmart.

You want to hear howling? Announce means testing for social security. "Goll darn it! I paid into that system with my almighty dollars and I want to get some of it back!!!!!" Gar-un-tee it.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    And gay people have always had the same rights as everyone else.

Really? That's nice.

Republicans do NOT want to support/fund ...

Social Security
    Medicare
    Universal Heath-care
    The EPA
    Medical Research
    Public Schools/Higher Education
    Government Intervention in National Disasters
    Civil Rights
    Women's Rights
    Gay Rights
    Union/Worker's Rights
    FEMA
    A National Weather Service
    Social Security and Medicare are currently going broke, and Obama's economic policies are shortening their "lives" as we speak. It's not a matter of "not supporting" them, it's a matter of figuring out how to care for people before the burden bankrupts our country. The best way, of course, is to keep retirement savings completely out of Uncle Sam's greedy hands, and to fund charity medical care through charities instead of having most of the money collected for it skimmed off by Uncle Sam. No charity wastes as much money as Sam does.

The EPA does not need to be shut down, merely reined in to meet Constitutional standards, and forced to act only on proven science instead of junk science.

Medical research has never been "targeted" by the right. The only issue from the right is the Constitutional right to life and the need to honor that by not murdering humans at any stage of life.

Civil rights were supported by the Republican party, not the Democratic party.

As a woman, I am far more concerned about the ever decreasing chances for success society allows BOYS. Women earn the same wage for the same job, succeed in education at a higher rate than males, have every advantage when it comes to any use of the judicial system, what we need is equal rights for our husbands and sons.

Gay people have exactly the same rights, responsibilities and restrictions as everyone else. There is nothing about their choice of sexual behavior that gives them any need for different rights.

We fully support Union Worker's rights. They should maintain their right to secret ballots, and have the same right to work if they choose not to join a union. No one should be forced to join a union in order to work.

FEMA and National Weather Service. They're both OK, even if private charities do beat FEMA to most disasters.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.