1. #1 I just had a run in with a conservative 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    And a lame :bounce: to start the day off with!!!

Bouncy!

jwhitesj (125 posts) Sun Aug-28-11 05:47 AM
    Original message I just had a run in with a conservative

I've never been as upset with a conservative as I am right now. I made an off handed remark about how it feels like oil companies are gouging us because oil prices have fallen so much and how gas prices haven't changed. He started attacking me for being a liberal and telling me why don't I go pray to emperor Obama to give me more of his tax dollars so I can afford gas. Then he said if it wasn't for Obama gas prices would be lower but Obama is collecting the extra money for his political coffers. Then he said something about how this proves that Social Security should have been privatized and if it wasn't for idiots like me who stopped it sr. citizens wouldn't have to wait to retire. Then he goes on about how it's all my fault that Jimmy Carter forced Fannie Mae to buy bad loans and that's why the economy crashed. Now obviously this is all bullshit, but I've never been as angry and I can't seem to get over how reprehensible this guy was. I think what bothered me was this is a well educated 50 something year old. Not some Naive teenager. I couldn't believe the vitriol that was coming from this guy. I just wanted to grab him and shake him and plead to him to stop watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh. I've had to listen to the song "Falling Slowly" about 20 times just to be calm enough to type this. It makes me so sad that people actually have these thoughts.

Even the DUmmies aren't buying this one...

A-Schwarzenegger (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 07:02 AM
    Response to Reply #5

7. Yeah, I can't count how many times I've gotten into a brouhaha with a rw kook
    getting gas at 2:30 am.

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Way over the top.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Wait so no one else here prowls around gas stations in the middle of the night to dust off progressives?

Guys like this crack me up. Every time one tells me how much profit the oil companies are making, I tell them I hope it is twice that next year. They cannot stand it.

I think what bothered me was this is a well educated 50 something year old. Not some Naive teenager.
    Because naive teenagers are so conservative.

A-Schwarzenegger (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-28-11 12:30 PM
    Response to Reply #18
    28. Much better story!
    If youre gonna have a run-in with a rw blabberkook
    in a store/gas station, always leave em gaspin' for air &
    chagrinucated. And in a John Deere parts store,
    you can't beat that, except maybe for Tea Party HQ.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Guys like this crack me up. Every time one tells me how much profit the oil companies are making, I tell them I hope it is twice that next year. They cannot stand it.
    And remind them that Apple now has more money so "big Ipod" is even more eviler than "big oil."