Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 So how did you fare??? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Now that THE most horrible storm to EVER exist is pulling
    North , how did you do???

FL was out of this one, this time.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Sunny and hot in big B.R. The Gulf Coast will have it's share of My God the World's coming to an end this hurricane season.

I made out pretty good....until my friend called my at 10pm to take her and her son to the hopital, that was some of the worst weather i have ever driven through. I am shocked my power wasnt knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I made out pretty good....until my friend called my at 10pm to take her and her son to the hopital, that was some of the worst weather i have ever driven through. I am shocked my power wasnt knocked out.
    Must have been pretty serious for her to call at that time..........Everyone OK?

Dealing with clean up here at work. Still affecting a few airfields we work with a lot, so people are pinging hard. Not a lot of fun, but I'm really glad I had the last couple days off.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Well. And it's "fare".
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Well. And it's "fare".
    You got hairy Linda.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You got hairy Linda.
    You've forgotten your native tongue, Geraldo. :p
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The talking heads on all the local broadcast stations have been on for over 36 hours now. They keep repeating the same thing at the same places. Ugh. It rained and there were high winds. It flooded and trees are down. Please stop.

Last night around 6 PM they told me I should fill my bathtub with water in case I need to flush my toilet or clean myself up. Then, at 10:30 PM when they feared tornados might touch down they told me to seek refuge in my basement. However, if you didn't have a basement (I don't) they told me to take the cushions off my sofa and take cover in my bathtub.

I don't think they thought their advice through because there I was, sitting in a cold tub of water with sofa cushions over my head, which are still soaked, waiting for the tornados to pass. There has to be a better way. :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The talking heads on all the local broadcast stations have been on for over 36 hours now. They keep repeating the same thing at the same places. Ugh. It rained and there were high winds. It flooded and trees are down. Please stop.

Last night around 6 PM they told me I should fill my bathtub with water in case I need to flush my toilet or clean myself up. Then, at 10:30 PM when they feared tornados might touch down they told me to seek refuge in my basement. However, if you didn't have a basement (I don't) they told me to take the cushions off my sofa and take cover in my bathtub.

I don't think they thought their advice through because there I was, sitting in a cold tub of water with sofa cushions over my head, which are still soaked, waiting for the tornados to pass. There has to be a better way. :D

And then a light would fall in the tub, the power would come back on and...

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!