Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And then a light would fall in the tub, the power would come back on and...

    :D
    Exactly. Good thing I didn't bring the TV into the tub. :p

    The brain trust around here evacuated residents from Atlantic City (which was pretty much unscathed) to a shelter 30 miles inland that, you guessed it, flooded. Oy.

    One of the local weather talking heads kept saying "Most of us in Philadelphia have never seen a hurricane make landfall. The last time it happened was in 1903".

    Uh, that was 108 years ago. I'm pretty sure that all of us in the area had never seen a landfall hurricane. I gave her a pass after she said it once but she must have repeated it throughout the night another 10 times. Where do they find these people?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Exactly. Good thing I didn't bring the TV into the tub. :p

    The brain trust around here evacuated residents from Atlantic City (which was pretty much unscathed) to a shelter 30 miles inland that, you guessed it, flooded. Oy.

    One of the local weather talking heads kept saying "Most of us in Philadelphia have never seen a hurricane make landfall. The last time it happened was in 1903".

    Uh, that was 108 years ago. I'm pretty sure that all of us in the area had never seen a landfall hurricane. I gave her a pass after she said it once but she must have repeated it throughout the night another 10 times. Where do they find these people?
    Was it an Accuweather forecast? I know a lot of stations "buy" forecasts from them. Accuweather pretty much hires people right out of college for $35,000 a year. And it's pretty much the people who couldn't find work elsewhere, so their scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,158
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Must have been pretty serious for her to call at that time..........Everyone OK?
    her son has some issues that only a ER could handle but he is ok now :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Was it an Accuweather forecast? I know a lot of stations "buy" forecasts from them. Accuweather pretty much hires people right out of college for $35,000 a year. And it's pretty much the people who couldn't find work elsewhere, so their scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is.
    She's an employee of the local news station but yes, they call their weather forecast Accuweather. Or "brought to you by Accuweather" I think is their line.

    Accuweather or not, someone needs to tell her, "Yo Einstein, rephrase your copy". :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Well. And it's "fare".
    Thanks noticed that earlier and forgot to change it. SR is going to correct it now before Linda #'s admonishes him. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,291
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thanks noticed that earlier and forgot to change it. SR is going to correct it now before Linda #'s admonishes him. :D
    :eek::eek::eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    Irene is now dead. She's been downgraded to a Post-Tropical storm.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,291
    I won't feel totally safe until I hear it from Nadin. :(
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I won't feel totally safe until I hear it from Nadin. :(
    Want to know whats funny? I've had a splitting head ache all day. I saw that report, and it just straight up dissapeared.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •