1. #1 Leather Clad Putin Rides A Macho-Man Harley Tri-Cycle 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin kicked off an election campaign on Monday revving up his three-wheeled Harley Davidson at the head of a bikers motorcade -- the latest in a series of macho stunts that have punctuated his political career.

Black-clad Putin, 58, called the bikers his "brothers" as he joined a festival aboard a Soviet-era warship in the Black Sea port of Novorossiysk, held to mark the city's liberation during World War Two....."I want to talk to you, brothers. It is cool that you do not forget the heroes of the past," said Putin. "Boys, girls you are great. Not only are you having fun while riding your bikes but you are also combining it with patriotic deeds."

Putin's United Russia party is hoping to secure a two-thirds majority in December's vote for the Duma lower house of parliament -- a margin that would give it the power to change the constitution....Campaigning began in earnest after President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree on Monday setting the date for the poll as December 4.

The December election will also set the scene for a presidential poll in March 2012. Putin and Medvedev have not said who will run...Putin's testosterone-fueled appearances have earned him the nickname "alpha-dog" in U.S. diplomatic cables. In the past he has been pictured sparring with his judo coach, flying a fighter jet and hunting Siberian tigers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77S68Q20110829

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin kicked off an election campaign on Monday revving up his three-wheeled Harley Davidson at the head of a bikers motorcade -- the latest in a series of macho stunts that have punctuated his political career.

Black-clad Putin, 58, called the bikers his "brothers" as he joined a festival aboard a Soviet-era warship in the Black Sea port of Novorossiysk, held to mark the city's liberation during World War Two....."I want to talk to you, brothers. It is cool that you do not forget the heroes of the past," said Putin. "Boys, girls you are great. Not only are you having fun while riding your bikes but you are also combining it with patriotic deeds."

Putin's United Russia party is hoping to secure a two-thirds majority in December's vote for the Duma lower house of parliament -- a margin that would give it the power to change the constitution....Campaigning began in earnest after President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree on Monday setting the date for the poll as December 4.

The December election will also set the scene for a presidential poll in March 2012. Putin and Medvedev have not said who will run...Putin's testosterone-fueled appearances have earned him the nickname "alpha-dog" in U.S. diplomatic cables. In the past he has been pictured sparring with his judo coach, flying a fighter jet and hunting Siberian tigers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77S68Q20110829
    I seriously doubt if Obama will follow Putin's campaign strategy, unless you count a game of basketball. W in his mid 60's is more macho than the mighty O, but then again, politics shouldn't be based on macho games. I seriously doubt if Winston Churchill during WW2 would have won those games either.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I seriously doubt if Winston Churchill during WW2 would have won those games either.
    Even at his comparatively advanced age, he would have won the champagne drinking contest hands down.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Putin is an amazing politician. He really knows what image of himself sells with the russian people-hunting tigers, riding Harleys, and so on.

It's unnerving, too, because I keep waiting for his former KGB self to emerge from the macho new century politician image he has projected.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Putin is an amazing politician. He really knows what image of himself sells with the russian people-hunting tigers, riding Harleys, and so on.

It's unnerving, too, because I keep waiting for his former KGB self to emerge from the macho new century politician image he has projected.

what that part didn't clue you in already? he's already changed it a few times so he could stay in power, this whole thing is a farce. And they have the damn gall to sit and bitch about our elections :mad:
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

That KBG side never left. I remember being upset with W when he said that he trusted Putin. That was a big mistake. (I'm still a fan, but can't help that what were you thinking feeling).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Isn't Pooty cute??? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I seriously doubt if Obama will follow Putin's campaign strategy, unless you count a game of basketball. W in his mid 60's is more macho than the mighty O, but then again, politics shouldn't be based on macho games. I seriously doubt if Winston Churchill during WW2 would have won those games either.
    Lets not overlook Barrys first pitch performance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSIwBWiPoU
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Even at his comparatively advanced age, he would have won the champagne drinking contest hands down.
    Champagne and a cigar for breakfast,Bath,answering his correspondence..Reading the news papers and latest from the Foreign office,Weak Scotch Soda's while working during the day followed by another bath then a nap . During the late evenings whirlwind of working hours,several brandies ..