1. #1 Obummer and the American Legion...a rant! 
    [rant]

As I post this, he's pandering to the American Legion convention while snubbing the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention.

For those who don't know the distinction, the VFW membership requires active service in a foreign combat zone during an armed conflict of the United States beginning with the the Spanish-American War in 1899. The American Legion, not to denigrate the public services they've provided, only requires an "I do" to the recruiter, and putting on a uniform, any time, any where. Nothing more.

It's no secret that the VFW looks down on the American Legion because of their membership qualifications. As a current life VFW member (Shell Knob Post 2203), and a past member of the American Legion (Shell Knob Post 766), I also see the American Legion more as a civic oriented organization than an organization of veterans who risked their lives for their nation.

When it comes to the military, and to veterans, president hussein even out Klintons Billy Jeff. He has no shame.

[/rant]

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Power CUer
    Maybe the American Legion asked him first. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Maybe the American Legion asked him first. :)
    Wrong answer.

Bachman will be at the Legion Convention. Doesn't seem like she'll be at the VFW one.

But quite frankly, I find it silly that we're attacking the President for attending a convetion that honors all military veterans.

From further reading, it appears that the American Legion did invite the President a while ago. He accepted the invitation back in early July. The administration offered plenty of other speakers to attend the VFW convention, and they turned them all down, including the Secretary of the Air Force, and Chief of Staff of the Air Force. The VFW declined to answer why the refused to accept anyone else.
    Last edited by djones520; 08-30-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    From further reading, it appears that the American Legion did invite the President a while ago. He accepted the invitation back in early July. The administration offered plenty of other speakers to attend the VFW convention, and they turned them all down, including the Secretary of the Air Force, and Chief of Staff of the Air Force. The VFW declined to answer why the refused to accept anyone else.
    Apparently it wasn't the wrong answer.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Apparently it wasn't the wrong answer.
    Apparently you do not know the right answer.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Apparently you do not know the right answer.
    According to DJones' post, I do. You just have a "knee jerk" response to any of my posts, with the emphasis on "jerk".

According to DJones' post, I do. You just have a "knee jerk" response to any of my posts, with the emphasis on "jerk".
    To be fair, I couldn't find any record of when the VFW invited him, IF they even did.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I dont blame them, you bring out the jerk in everyone due to your wonderful personality.

/sarcasm off

Banned
    Naw, you are just making up shit as usual and wrong as rain. Sounds like you been taking some those snob pills again. Plus, I will stick with Marv & Ironhorsedriver posts.