Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scott AFB possible victim of bio-terrorism. 
    SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, IL (KTVI-FOX2now.com)— Update from Scott AFB: Any personnel who visited the Post Office today and are exhibiting any abnormal symptoms or skin reactions, report to the corner of Martin and Ward in front of Pronto's Pizza.

A suspicious package found at the Scott Air Force Base post office has sparked a hazmat situation. Authorities on the base say the package in the mail building when three people were taken to an area hospital. 13 others will need to be decontaminated. The base is on standby.

Officials say the mail building along with four to five other building have been closed and evacuated. The education building, bowling alley and two other buildings are closed. A Scott AFB spokesperson said it was unclear if the package was leaking anything or if it was explosive in nature.

Loud speakers on the base are currently sending a warning to personnel on the base to stay clear of the base post office and west side of the base.

Metro is running its normal schedule and not impacted currently. A nearby elementary school is not in session and is not affected.

The O’Fallon, IL Fire Protection District is on stand-by in case extra assistance is needed.
    http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-haz...,7251476.story

Family and I are fine, no skin issues. Will post more as I hear about it.

Edit: On a side note,a lot of the footage they use in the video is of my work place, which ironically would have absolutely nothing to do with this situation. The person their interviewing is a Reserve Weather Forecaster, whose also the weatherman for their channel.
    Last edited by djones520; 08-31-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    good to hear you're alright
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I'm glad that you and yours are okay.

Still, it's got to be pretty scary, especially in light of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm glad that you and yours are okay.

Still, it's got to be pretty scary, especially in light of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.
    *shrugs* It's more annoying then anything else. I was expecting a package today. :p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    *shrugs* It's more annoying then anything else. I was expecting a package today. :p
    :eek::eek: just watch for the white powdery stuff :D:D:D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-haz...,7251476.story

Family and I are fine, no skin issues. Will post more as I hear about it.

Edit: On a side note,a lot of the footage they use in the video is of my work place, which ironically would have absolutely nothing to do with this situation. The person their interviewing is a Reserve Weather Forecaster, whose also the weatherman for their channel.
    Glad to hear that you and the family are OK. Brings back memories with the mention of Pronto Pizza. They had a couple of small IT product shows in the small area in that building. Do they still give stamps each time you buy a piece of pizza or sandwich there? I think I threw out the partially punched card I had when I left my company. Should have thought to give it to you.

Isn't that part of the base fairly close to your quarters?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Glad to hear that you and the family are OK. Brings back memories with the mention of Pronto Pizza. They had a couple of small IT product shows in the small area in that building. Do they still give stamps each time you buy a piece of pizza or sandwich there? I think I threw out the partially punched card I had when I left my company. Should have thought to give it to you.

Isn't that part of the base fairly close to your quarters?
    It's roughly a mile and a half from my home. About a quarter of a mile from where I work.

There still seems to be little info about what the package was. I'll probably find out next time I go to work, but I don't know if i'll be able to say.

I'm glad to you hear you and yours okay. Seriously though, what are you supposed to do after you are dismissed for the day with no freaking bowling alley?
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

I am glad you are ok, Ody. I hope you and your family stay that way.

It's roughly a mile and a half from my home. About a quarter of a mile from where I work.

There still seems to be little info about what the package was. I'll probably find out next time I go to work, but I don't know if i'll be able to say.
    The guy being interviewed said he probably would able to give limited info. That's way too close to your home. I hope they dial up their security.

BTW, Scott made Fox News tonight.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"