Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't think Bush is running for a 3rd term. So let's compare apples and apples. Or better yet, McCain vs dumb ass Obama. Do we want a President that is so fucking stupid that miss-states that he has traveled to 57 States? Dan Q. put an E on potato and the press still crucifies him to this day. WTF, is that all about when Obama has so many gaffs in such a short period of time. Answer, the media does not apply the same standards to democrats and especially black democrats. For comparison, Delay (R) vs Jefferson (D).
    Get used to the "McBush" reference, because that is the single way McCain is going to get the hesitant folk that voted twice for GWB, to go to the poles, holding their nose or not. His policies, to a certain extent, will have to mirror his predecessor’s - especially when it comes to the two shooting wars we’re engaged in as a nation.

Mr. V.P. Dan was, in all honesty, what the Valley Kids in the 80's used to refer to as a ‘Maxo-Zoom-Dweebie’ and couldn’t find his own ass with a funnel and a pack of hunting dogs. You know it, the press knew it, everyone knew it and that wasn’t any different than the little freak of your average school room getting picked on. He was so odd I wouldn’t have been surprised to see antennae pop up from the back of his scull.

Obama has to be defeated on his "Peace-at any cost" stance. Expose the projected cost of everything he’s promised and proposed and end the speech or final statement of every debate with the latest cost figure and a running total of what this very nice and very naďve gentlemen has to "give" the American people and the hot air will escape out of his "Peace Train 2.0" balloon at a staggering rate.

Well, that and keep John alive.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

There was more to the Dan Quayle story:

First, why has no one pointed out that Dan Quayle was given a card with an error on it? Who created a flash card with a misspelled word? Rather than focusing on the fact that children are being taught spelling with flash cards with misspellings, people focus on the fact that Dan Quayle didn't point out this error.

Second, Dan Quayle had asked if the cards had been checked, and he was assured that yes, the cards had been checked for errors. So - who are the people who checked the cards and missed this error? So now we have the person/people who created the cards as well as the people who checked the cards, who missed the spelling error.

Third, when Dan Quayle came upon the famous "potatoe" card, he paused and showed the card to other people, and they nodded and agreed that the card was correct! So now we have the person/people who created the cards, the people who checked the cards, and the people around Dan Quayle at the time - all who missed the spelling error.

Fourth, after the student had paused, and Dan Quayle said "almost" or something to that effect, the student added the "e" to the end of the word potato. Everyone then applauded immediately! There was no silence or puzzled looks from the onlookers as they pondered why the student added an "e" to the end of the word. So now we have the person/people who created the cards, the people who checked the cards, the people around Dan Quayle, as well as the onlookers at the time - all who missed the spelling error. In light of this, I really have to wonder why Dan Quayle's failure to question the teacher in the middle of a media event regarding the spelling on a flash card became a national incident? If we are to chide Dan Quayle for this "spelling error" then we should also make fun of all the people I mentioned above who also failed to point out the error!

The stupid flash card was wrong

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    There was more to the Dan Quayle story:

The stupid flash card was wrong
    ... but it's pretty stupid not to know the flash card was wrong.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Get used to the "McBush" reference, because that is the single way McCain is going to get the hesitant folk that voted twice for GWB, to go to the poles, holding their nose or not. His policies, to a certain extent, will have to mirror his predecessor’s - especially when it comes to the two shooting wars we’re engaged in as a nation.

Mr. V.P. Dan was, in all honesty, what the Valley Kids in the 80's used to refer to as a ‘Maxo-Zoom-Dweebie’ and couldn’t find his own ass with a funnel and a pack of hunting dogs. You know it, the press knew it, everyone knew it and that wasn’t any different than the little freak of your average school room getting picked on. He was so odd I wouldn’t have been surprised to see antennae pop up from the back of his scull.

Obama has to be defeated on his "Peace-at any cost" stance. Expose the projected cost of everything he’s promised and proposed and end the speech or final statement of every debate with the latest cost figure and a running total of what this very nice and very naďve gentlemen has to "give" the American people and the hot air will escape out of his "Peace Train 2.0" balloon at a staggering rate.

Well, that and keep John alive.;)
    I feel so sad for poor Logan !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I feel so sad for poor Logan !
    That's it? That's all you've got to contibute?

At least come up with something that hasn't been used dozens of times before.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)