Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Clip clop animals 
    I have two horses coming Sunday, registered Arabian mares saddle broke and ready to eat massive quantities of grass. What the hell is wrong with me?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have two horses coming Sunday, registered Arabian mares saddle broke and ready to eat massive quantities of grass. What the hell is wrong with me?
    Nothing's too wrong. I mean you can always trade the pair for a good, sturdy, American Quarter Horse, right? :D

I wish I had the property to put horses on.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    óThomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Nothing's too wrong. I mean you can always trade the pair for a good, sturdy, American Quarter Horse, right? :D

I wish I had the property to put horses on.
    People are giving away horses because of the drought and $80.00 per bail hay, I wouldn't buy any horse.
    Now I have to put up a shed for them and fence off more pasture. I do the stupidest crap sometimes!
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We'll expect pics of the new gasbags...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Nice. Horses are one of those dreams that may never be for me. I'd love to have about 20 acres, and two horses when I retired.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Nice. Horses are one of those dreams that may never be for me. I'd love to have about 20 acres, and two horses when I retired.
    It is unbelievable to me that people are giving away registered trained animals, the drought coupled with a bad economy is taking it's toll.
    I just don't know if this is a good decision, I have the land and the pasture but horses take time and money to properly care for even if they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is unbelievable to me that people are giving away registered trained animals, the drought coupled with a bad economy is taking it's toll.
    I just don't know if this is a good decision, I have the land and the pasture but horses take time and money to properly care for even if they are free.
    Even if it's not a permanent arrangement, it's bound to be better for them now then with a family that could no longer afford to have them period.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    This is my 3 year old filly, Gloria. She is green broke, still rears and crowhops when first mounted and will try to bolt sometimes if you let her have her head. She was a rescue that did not cost me a dime when I got her, but DAMN this horse can eat!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Even if it's not a permanent arrangement, it's bound to be better for them now then with a family that could no longer afford to have them period.
    That is kind of the reasoning I'm using, I can feed them and if it turns out to be more trouble than I want, eventually hay will be cheaper and the drought will break and I could give them to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This is my 3 year old filly, Gloria. She is green broke, still rears and crowhops when first mounted and will try to bolt sometimes if you let her have her head. She was a rescue that did not cost me a dime when I got her, but DAMN this horse can eat!

Two horses can eat a 1000 pound bail every week. For some reason horses like me, even shy and skittish ones. I worked in stable when I was a kid.