Thread: Greyt hunters

1. #1 Greyt hunters 
    How good of hunters are your dogs and cats? This was posted by my best friend in St Louis, who has a beautiful fawn greyhound named Daisy and a brindle grey named Jasmine. Daisy is a character, very outgoing and loving like our Darlene (black greyhound).

Well, last night Daisy caught her young possum for the 2nd time. I sure hope he moves somewhere else now. Funny thing, she never hurts it, maybe because they go limp. She sure struts around the yard very happy about her new stuffy.
    After a few minutes she puts him down, I get the girls inside and go check on the possum. He is walking across the yard. I told him to find a home with no dogs as possums are not the fastest.
    I think he was on top of the fence last night (it was dark) but I saw her stand up and next thing I knew there she was with her possum.
    My first greyhound, Jessie, used to be quite the hunter. One time he caught a squirrel that fell from a small tree in the yard. He saw it fall, positioned himself under the tree and caught it. He raced the squirrel around the yard til I yelled "drop it". He did and the squirrel ran to safety. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Both Xena and Dalene have climbed trees for treerats. Well, as much as a 60 pound grey can anyways...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

My mutt got out after some of the sewer cats the other night. I don't think she would have known what to do if she had caught one of them. They probably woulda scratched the hell out of her, and she'd have ran home whining.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I never had a rodent problem in my house...thanks to my kitties.:D

My dogs hunt lizards. Well, I'm not sure if hunt is the proper word, and I'm not sure if they are good hunters. They chase lizards, catch them sometimes, and then let them go, and go chase them again. I think they let them go for the sole purpose of having something to chase again.

So they are good hunters in the sense that they catch the lizards sometimes, but bad hunters in the sense that they let them go just so their game doesn't have to end.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    My dogs hunt lizards. Well, I'm not sure if hunt is the proper word, and I'm not sure if they are good hunters. They chase lizards, catch them sometimes, and then let them go, and go chase them again. I think they let them go for the sole purpose of having something to chase again.

So they are good hunters in the sense that they catch the lizards sometimes, but bad hunters in the sense that they let them go just so their game doesn't have to end.

We have tons of lizards here but the greys ignore them. Which is just as well since the lizards eat the bugs. It's the Circle of Life baby!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!