Thread: 2 bouncys for the price of one

1. #1 2 bouncys for the price of one 
    radfringe Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Sep-08-08 06:51 PM
    Original message

Palin? Dunno,...strikes me as a bit extreme
    I guess my knowledge of what's going on in politics has spread around work. I do talk about it with a couple of co-workers but I don't bring it up unless the conversation heads in that direction, or I'm asked.

I'm pretty freindly with the receptionist, mainly we talk about our dogs/cats or what's happening over the weekend. As is my habit, I ducked my head around the corner on my way out the door this afternoon to tell her to have a good night

She surprised me by saying "I hear you are into politics."

me: yes, I do follow the news, keep up with stuff

R: what do you think about Palin? I'm not all that sure about Obama, and McCain... but... what do you think about Palin?

me: Palin? Dunno...she strikes me as a bit extreme. we really don't know where she stands on the issues because all she's said so far is to repeat the same speech and that speech was written by a someone from the bush administration. So she really hasn't stated where she stands on the issues.

R looked like she was hoping for more information so I dove in....

me: she's repeating the same stuff as mccain who is repeating the same stuff we've heard from bush and cheney for the past 8 years - so is she a parrot or a pitbull? right now she's a parrot. However, from what I've read she has some extreme views, she's fired or tried to fire people who disagree with her, she's said she was against the bridge to nowhere but was pushing for it until congress squashed it and then she still took the money for it. she's against equal pay for equal rights and that makes me wonder if she does get into office if we can cut her pay because she's a woman. she doesn't believe in climate change, and she hunts wolves from helicopters. when she was mayor, they had to hire a manager to run it near the end of her term and she left the town 20-something million in the hole. she's no dummy, just ambitious and seems to be willing to do anything to win - and this concerns me the most - the pitbull attitude with extreme views - I'm very concerned about her going off the handle without understanding the issues and do something like start world war 3. ennywho - that's what I think, and I'm more comfortable with Obama and Biden, I think they will approach problems and issues in a calm and rational manner, they'll have a more measured approach and not shoot from the hip

she said thanks, she wasn't all sold on Obama, but it definitely gave her something to think about....

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3951786

And the second one, posted a day later by the same DUmmy:

radfringe Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Tue Sep-09-08 12:23 PM
    Original message
    two people at lunch tackled me
    I went out back to have a smoke, two other people were already there and came right up to me. My reputation is spreading... (see http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph... )

"Is it true Palin shoots wolves from helicopters?" one asked me

"yes" I told them "it's called aerial hunting"

the second person expressed some doubt, so after the smoke we went to her office, and I called up the various references/pics of aerial hunting
    (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-hurowitz/sarah-pali... )

the 2nd person's reaction was "What is she some whacko? that's disgusting. how can anyone vote for her?"

me: yes, she is a bit extreme, and is that who people want in the white house?

1st person: anyone who would want her in the white house is just as whacky

:rofl: give me a couple more weeks and there will be enough Obama supporters here to warrant a rally...
    This DUmmy should be watched for future bouncys.

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3956982
    Last edited by Eilise; 09-09-2008 at 02:04 PM.

SumBitch, do you plan on posting or just lurking? Sweetass screen name, though.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad