1. #1 Incredible photos of 1.3million geese taking off on their migration home 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    These amazing images show a landscape dominated by a huge gathering of snow geese, as 1.3million of them descend on a single wildlife park.....There are so many geese they appear to block out the sun and cover the ground completely.......And photographer Mike Hollingshead said the noise the birds made was so loud that it rang in his ears for hours.

Snow geese spend the winter months in the warmer climes of the Gulf of Mexico, before migrating back to their natural breeding grounds in the summer......Squaw Creek is an 11.5 square mile refuge, which used to be a private hunting area before being converted to a protected wildlife park.
    SNIP
    He said: 'At times it can definitely look like there is a snow shower on the horizon. Your brain can be tricked into seeing nothing but the patterns of the birds flying because it can't see anything else.

'It is such an amazing thing to see. I've experienced some truly crazy supercell storms, but I'd say these huge concentrations of geese are just as much of a spectacle.'They float down from high above in layers of massive gaggles of birds topping a thousand.......'It doesn't seem like it is new birds sometimes, almost like you are watching the same sequence of repeat, but the collection of them on the water just grows and grows until most everything is covered.'This was by far the most I had ever captured, with roughly 1.3 million thought to have been there that spring.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1X0PpDTYF

Beautiful pics. I wonder if he had an umbrella while taking the pics. :D

The perfect Christmas gift for him would be the Brockabrella, an "invention" of Lou Brock, former St Louis Cards player. He had an umbrella/hat device. That would come in quite handy with all the geese flying overhead.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I don't think I'd want to be under them for that shot...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I don't think I'd want to be under them for that shot...:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

How do they know its 1.3 million? Who's the guy that took a head count?

Banned
    It appears that the flock needs to be thinned out. What is for din din, goose.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It appears that the flock needs to be thinned out. What is for din din, goose.
    Tell young Mr. Jones to head north with his shotgun...And tell him to wear a hat,one with a wide brim .:D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by bmovies View Post
    How do they know its 1.3 million? Who's the guy that took a head count?
    They counted the feet and divided by 2. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!