Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Germany has actually become the world's #2 leading exporter because of the EU. Now, I'm not for the European Union but I can definitely see why the Germans would like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Oh boy when a German starts talking about a United Europe its time to watch out. lol :D
    Watch out for that country that has a military pitifully small relative to its global economic standing! Chirst, the Nazi's were a long time ago. Modern Germany is a very different place.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Watch out for that country that has a military pitifully small relative to its global economic standing! Chirst, the Nazi's were a long time ago. Modern Germany is a very different place.
    Dude... notice the use of the smiley? That was a sarcastic comment.

And FYI, Nazi's weren't involved in Germany's attempt to "unify" Europe during WW1.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sonnabend
    Colonel, the biggest damage to the Germans national identity was a direct result of the Allies stupidity with the Versailles Treaty. Without the vindictive attitude and war reparations, that leather lunged painter would never have come to be. :(

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Anyone for a peacekeeping operation on the French Riviera? :D
    Hell yeah! I'd sign up for that duty :D:D

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Dude... notice the use of the smiley? That was a sarcastic comment.

And FYI, Nazi's weren't involved in Germany's attempt to "unify" Europe during WW1.
    not only that, but they were the Worlds largest economy prior to WW1, pretty telling that it took UK, France and Russia, with the Help of the US to take them down. (A-H was a side note and pretty pathetic really)
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Colonel, the biggest damage to the Germans national identity was a direct result of the Allies stupidity with the Versailles Treaty. Without the vindictive attitude and war reparations, that leather lunged painter would never have come to be. :(
    I sort of disagree. As mentioned earlier Germany was by all measurements the world's strongest country at the turn of the century. However, much weaker states like Spain and even Belgium had more colonial holdings and international cred. Germany just wanted to be internationally recognized in way that correlated with their economic prowess. They weren't. So they went to war.

This happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I sort of disagree. As mentioned earlier Germany was by all measurements the world's strongest country at the turn of the century. However, much weaker states like Spain and even Belgium had more colonial holdings and international cred. Germany just wanted to be internationally recognized in way that correlated with their economic prowess. They weren't. So they went to war.

This happens a lot.
    there were a whole lot of reasons they went to war, biggest trigger was the idiotic network of secret and not secrete alliances that Europe got involved with.

Sonnabend
    KS...your gaping lack of knowledge, not to mention the post was directed to Odysseus, is obvious.