1. #1 SC woman Buys Wooden IPad in McDonald's Parking Lot 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    SPARTANBURG, SC (WIS) - Spartanburg County deputies are looking for two men who sold a piece of wood painted to look like an iPad to a woman in a McDonald's parking lot.

Ashley McDowell, 22, told deputies she was buying food around 10:00 p.m. Monday when two men approached her in the parking lot trying to sell her an iPad or a laptop. According to a police report, the men showed McDowell a new iPad and told her they had bought several in bulk.

McDowell said she gave the men $180, and the men gave her a FedEx box out of the trunk of their car. When McDowell opened the box at home, she said she found a piece of wood painted black with an Apple logo.

http://www.wistv.com/story/15361411/...ds-parking-lot

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    AHAHAHAHA, what an idiot
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

....ivestigation later revealed that she also voted for "Hope and Change"...

Police are still trying to figure out how she can inhale AND exhale, in the rythmic fashion to sustain life....:p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

A fool and her money are soon parted.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Epic Fail!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    180 for an ipad being sold out of the back of a truck at 10pm....either the guys were hustling or moving hot items. she's lucky it was a block of wood
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    180 for an ipad being sold out of the back of a truck at 10pm....either the guys were hustling or moving hot items. she's lucky it was a block of wood
    Clearly we need a NEW government agency to protect people from wooden iPads being sold at McDonald's. . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    When McDowell opened the box at home, she said she found a piece of wood painted black with an Apple logo.

http://www.wistv.com/story/15361411/...ds-parking-lot
    Why did the crooks put the apple logo on the piece of wood to begin with? Did they think that little touch would keep their victims fooled for a few more days or so?

"It must be an ipad! Its got the apple logo scotch taped to it!"