1. #1 “Project Gun_Walker” Scandal is Breaking Wide Open 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    If you haven’t heard about the latest scandal at the ATF, you will definitely be hearing about it soon. CBS News was the first national TV network to report this:

ATF insiders claim the agency heads have been “walking” hundreds of guns over the Mexican border, and one may have been used to kill a federal border patrol officer.

Why are you only hearing about it now? Blame the main-stream media. National gun rights writer David Codrea began breaking the story at the beginning of 2011 (nearly two months ago), along with Mike Vanderboegh of the Sipsey Street Irregulars blog.

David Codrea teased about it here, and then broke the shocker here. Working with “whistleblowers” in the ATF, Codrea and Vanderboegh took the bombshell tips and labored diligently to bring them to the attention of members of Congress. Using sources in national gun rights groups, the pair has done yeoman’s work, finally achieving their first goal of having a Senator begin an investigation in the early days of February. Senator Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, picked up the reins and began requesting answers from the ATF; when the agency began to stonewall, he asked the Department of Justice for an honest response.
    Advertisement

Missing during this whole investigation was the main-stream media. The silence was deafening, even though they knew this scandal was breaking wide open. Grassley’s office was demanding answers, and nobody was reporting on it, not even one peep about the cover-up going on at the ATF.

Finally, this week, some vindication arrived for Codrea and Vanderboegh. Fox News’ Megyn Kelly was interviewing Larry Pratt of the Gun Owners of America Tuesday about the appointment hearings for nominated-director gun-owner-hating Andrew Traver. Pratt suddenly began talking about the Project Gunwalker scandal, even while Kelly was protesting about him “drifting from the main subject”. GOA’s Pratt did a great job; but then Wednesday, CBS News broke a huge story about the scandal.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...king-wide-open
    COMMENTS:
    The one thing this whole thing proves is that we have to get Obama's man Holder out of the Justice Department....

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...king-wide-open
    COMMENTS:
    The one thing this whole thing proves is that we have to get Obama's man Holder out of the Justice Department....[/QUOTE]

Don't stop with Holder!

I guess CBS was the first national network to break the story. I definitely recall the NRA's American Rifleman magazine talking about it late last year. Naturally, I can't find that issue now. They didn't have a lot of the details, of course, but mentioned that something possibly criminal was going on.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Oathkeepers have been discussing this for months. Holder is deep in this.

I feel like I've been following this scandal for years. It just seems to get deeper and deeper.

I think it's funny how "main stream" media sources are trying to distance themselves from the "main stream media" label. It's quickly becoming a 4 letter word in America. I see all sorts of news casts saying, "The main stream media won't report this, but we will." when in fact those sources are CBS/NBC/CNN which are "main stream media".
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense