1. #1 Libya: Gaddafi regime's US-UK spy links revealed 
    US and UK spy agencies built close ties with their Libyan counterparts during the so-called War on Terror, according to documents discovered at the office of Col Gaddafi's former spy chief.

The papers suggest the CIA abducted several suspected militants from 2002 to 2004 and handed them to Tripoli.

The UK's MI6 also apparently gave the Gaddafi regime details of dissidents.

The documents, found by Human Rights Watch workers, have not been seen by the BBC or independently verified.

Meanwhile, the head of Libya's interim governing body, the National Transitional Council, said its soldiers were laying siege to towns still held by Col Gaddafi's forces.

Mustafa Abdel Jalil said Sirte, Bani Walid, Jufra and Sabha were being given humanitarian aid, but had one week to surrender.

The BBC's Jon Leyne in Benghazi says there have been unconfirmed reports that Bani Walid has now been taken by anti-Gaddafi forces.

But witnesses on the edge of Bani Walid say the opposition fighters are still on the outskirts although our correspondent adds that it appears as if Gaddafi loyalists have abandoned many of their outlying positions.

'Protecting Americans'

CONTINUED > > > > >
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'm more interested in the clear bias in this piece than in the actual subject to be quite honest. I was FLOORED reading this earlier this morning.

"so-called War on Terror"

"the CIA abducted"

"The documents, found by Human Rights Watch workers, have not been seen by the BBC or independently verified."

It's the BBC, what do you expect? MSNBC is almost a right wing organization compaired to them.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm more interested in the clear bias in this piece than in the actual subject to be quite honest. I was FLOORED reading this earlier this morning.

"so-called War on Terror"

"the CIA abducted"

"The documents, found by Human Rights Watch workers, have not been seen by the BBC or independently verified."
    Good point!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's the BBC, what do you expect? MSNBC is almost a right wing organization compaired to them.
    I think it depends on what is being covered. I mean when it comes to US politics - they tend to far more objective than domestic sources - but when it comes to the Middle East. . . . not so much.