1. #1 Tuesday thread Favorite Teacher and Subject 
    Banned
    Weather is wet and nasty with a temp of 73 rain rain go away

Since Labor Day is usually the end of the summer I started to think of what was your favorite teacher and subject when you were in school?
    For me I had a amazing History teacher Mrs. Gray and she made it where Histrory was my all time favorite subject and for the longest time I wanted to be a teacher like she was.

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    Weather is wet and nasty with a temp of 73 rain rain go away

Since Labor Day is usually the end of the summer I started to think of what was your favorite teacher and subject when you were in school?
    For me I had a amazing History teacher Mrs. Gray and she made it where Histrory was my all time favorite subject and for the longest time I wanted to be a teacher like she was.
    Mrs. Anderson, 5th grade all subjects. She was a very nice lady!:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Mr Torres, father of one of my friends, who taught honors English. He would have us do creative writing exercises that were fun and challenging. Plus I was a quiet kid in high school, confident of my scholastic ability, but shy and not a cheerleader type. He told his daughter, my friend, that I was the prettiest girl in the class. I never believed him, but it made me feel good.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Dr. Bertsch.

World Religion. American Religion.

Asian Humanities.

A gentle soul. And a great teacher.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Banned
    My favorite teacher was the golf and track coach, Bat Gourrier. He got me out of school to play in tournaments. He also fixed it where I was exempt from PE so that I could leave school an hour early and head to the golf course. I got caught smoking, and he conveniently forgot to paddle my ass.

Mr. Richardson <I think, I'm kind of fuzzy on the name>. U.S. History, Camelback High School, Phoenix, AZ.

For my final, he let me do an oral report on the Civil War. At the time, my friends and I were civil war reinactors in a confederate cavalry unit. He talked to the principal and allowed me to bring my Sharps Carbine, Colt Dragoon, and pair of Remington revolvers as props. I also hauled in my McClellan saddle with pommel holsters, and my saber. It sounds dorky, but the whole class really enjoyed the presentation and learning about the weapons and how to use them while mounted. I was really nervous I was going to get laughed out of the class, but it went really well.

The teacher was an Army Ranger in 'nam, and very conservative. We had quite a few discussions on politics and philosophy and freedom. He knew I was going straight into the Marines as soon as I graduated. On the last day of class my junior year, he pulled me aside and gave me a pocket constitution and told me to, "learn it, live it, and love it." He was a really good guy.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense