Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    No... You are a douche bag.

:)
    Now why did you have to insult douche bags like that???

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Mr Smith and I have had similar discussions before. He has an Associates, a Bachelors, and 2 Masters...and was working toward his PhD when his divorce derailed the attempt. He also teaches college, so is very much in favor of the college route.

I have one lowly little Associates of Science...but make more than his base salary every year. It drives him crazy.

Of course, for 'lid's sake, I must add that Mr Smith is absolutely excellent at what he does, and fully deserves to be paid much, much more...unlike quite a few college grads. :D
    Not to brag but I make my ex's annual income in about 3 months. I drunked out of college 2 times. Not everyone is cut out to be an academian nut.

not knocking the ex's education either. She finished a 18 month masters program in something like 8 months. She was working fulltime & pregnant at the time also. i was laid up in a half body cast at the time so I couldn't do much but set around wishing I could scratch my back. I learned the hard way the falling don't hurt the sudden stop is a bitch though.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    No... You are a douche bag.

:)
    Hey I just noticed you got your post count back,How come ??

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not to brag but I make my ex's annual income in about 3 months. I drunked out of college 2 times. Not everyone is cut out to be an academian nut.

not knocking the ex's education either. She finished a 18 month masters program in something like 8 months. She was working fulltime & pregnant at the time also. i was laid up in a half body cast at the time so I couldn't do much but set around wishing I could scratch my back. I learned the hard way the falling don't hurt the sudden stop is a bitch though.
    A college education can be a wonderful thing. It can also be totally unnecessary. Hard work is far more likely to pay off than a degree, especially one backed with a lousy attitude. (I'll name no names... :D) However, I will say that several of the best techs I've worked with have military educations...which count for as much, or more, than a degree. :)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    A college education can be a wonderful thing. It can also be totally unnecessary. Hard work is far more likely to pay off than a degree, especially one backed with a lousy attitude. (I'll name no names... :D) However, I will say that several of the best techs I've worked with have military educations...which count for as much, or more, than a degree. :)

A degree is just for openers unless you work in a degree mill then it's a necessary .
    Most young engineers fresh from expensive technical colleges like CalTek, MIT or Harvard are heavy into some program language with little or no Physics or Engineering background so they take up space .

When they have worked on several large systems projects with people who know what they are doing then they are starting to haul their own water and may start doing some good work.

Yeah, "hauk a loogie" or however the heck it is spelled was the inspiration for "Loogie."

I don't hauk loogies...but the term "Bob-a-Loogie" has an interesting ring, eh?

Thanks for the welcome back!

Hey Eyelids...don't make us enucleate your balls...

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Hey I just noticed you got your post count back,How come ??
    It's a conspiracy.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    Yeah, "hauk a loogie" or however the heck it is spelled was the inspiration for "Loogie."

I don't hauk loogies...but the term "Bob-a-Loogie" has an interesting ring, eh?

Thanks for the welcome back!

Hey Eyelids...don't make us enucleate your balls...
    Allready taken .
    bobaloogie@aol.com
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    fuck off aussie. we dont have compulsory military service in america.
    Why would you listen to this pathetic young man about any military topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth
    My uncle served in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange over there. He was never able to have kids. That kind of sacrifice is something that McCain understands, not Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids
    Cute story, doesn't mean McCain should be president. In fact any responsible voter would not let that have any bearing on their decision.

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Why would you listen to this pathetic young man about any military topic?
    We don't. We correct his misinformation whenever he presents it, otherwise it would stand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!