Thread: Eyelids disagreement on Veterans Thread

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Sounds like he's denegrating the military to me...isn't that a bannable offence here?
    It would be if the rules were enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Sounds like he's denegrating the military to me...isn't that a bannable offence here?
    Sounds to me like he's just being stupid. He is probably right that in the liberal world of academia honorable military service doesn't mean much. Their loss. Employers that are actually worth a damn do care about a prospective employee's military service.

Eyelids
    No in the real world of academia military service doesnt mean much. I have classmates who are in ROTC or just getting out of the military and into college and they openly admit they screwed up. I have 4 years on them for jobs that require a college education (ahem. any job worth getting), so I get a pretty sizable head start.

I actually thought about joining the military, but when recruiters couldnt keep their story straight from one visit to the next I left with a really sinking impression about how they do things. The eventual realization I came to was if you want to take orders you join the military and if you want to create you go to college. Obvious exceptions both ways.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    No in the real world of academia military service doesnt mean much. I have classmates who are in ROTC or just getting out of the military and into college and they openly admit they screwed up. I have 4 years on them for jobs that require a college education (ahem. any job worth getting), so I get a pretty sizable head start.

I actually thought about joining the military, but when recruiters couldnt keep their story straight from one visit to the next I left with a really sinking impression about how they do things. The eventual realization I came to was if you want to take orders you join the military and if you want to create you go to college. Obvious exceptions both ways.
    I don't think you know much about the real world.

I worked for a Fortune 20 company that hired tens of thousand vets. I hardly knew anybody in the Management ranks that weren't vets.

You don't have to be a little prick and make up stories about how your friends regret going into the military. We call them "Bouncy Tales" here on CU. They may fly over at DU but we understand them to be BS over here.

You are a shitass for not serving your country during a time of war. That selfishness makes you unworthy of respect by decent people. You are allowed to live in this country without serving but that right was paid for by the blood of real men and women. Men and women that you are not worthy to shine their boots.

Classmates? Don't you mean pupils or students? You're the first teacher I've ever heard refer to them as classmates, unless........ You're not a teacher!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I'll post it again...
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Geez gator, tell us how you really feel. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Academia isn't exactly the real world.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Are there any "Girly" Beaches?:o:D
    Some Australian's call all girls Sheilas .Don't know if there is a beach named 'Sheilas' but there could be !

They have some of the most beautiful woman in the world living there and for the most part they want to move to America,but maybe not so much now with the high prices !
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-09-2008 at 10:41 AM.

The big Cheese
    Fuck, you guys gave this shitbag 7 pages worth?

He is the kind of asshole who warrents a swing or two from a 1 ton bottle jack on a rope and be done with it.

Eyelids, I would scuff you till you smoked bitch.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    It would be if the rules were enforced.
    Just a little more rope is all that it will take and Sara will zap him with the bamstick !
    The little critter ought to be a real prize for American freedom and honor when he is ripe and all grown.
    I wounder what his major was,Psychology no doubt or maybe he's an English major.
    Na it was most likely Animal Husbandry/Animal Science from one them there farm
    schools so as he can be a shepherd and be near his sheep !