Thread: When They Call It Baghdad On The Hudson They Weren't Kidding...

1. #1 When They Call It Baghdad On The Hudson They Weren't Kidding... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    War Zone New York: 2 Cops Among 67 Shot in Weekend Violence

Three people were killed and two police officers were wounded in a shooting a few blocks from the annual West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn, capping a violent holiday weekend in which nearly 70 people were injured by gunfire.....Updated statistics obtained by NBC New York on Tuesday show that at least 67 people were shot between 12 a.m. Friday and 11:59 p.m. Monday. That includes nine on Friday, 10 on Saturday, 33 on Sunday and 15 on Monday....Preliminary numbers indicate as many as 10 were killed.

In the police-involved shooting Monday near the parade in Brooklyn, bullet fragments hit one police officer in the left arm and chest....... He was hospitalized but was expected to survive. .....Another officer was grazed by a bullet......One shooter in that Crown Heights melee was killed along with a bystander, 56-year-old Denise Gay, who was shot while sitting on a stoop with her daughter nearby just two doors down from the exchange of gunfire....... Another shooter was in serious condition at the hospital.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Tuesday the city should not consider shutting down the parade, which often sees violence and had fatal shootings in 2003 and 2005......"I don't think it'd be wise to close it down, but it's just unfortunate that there seems to be every year some violence attended to it," he said.
    Kelly said the gunman who killed Gay had an extensive criminal history, including criminal possession of a firearm and assault and drug charges.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...129268118.html

Kelly said the gunman who killed Gay had an extensive criminal history, including criminal possession of a firearm and assault and drug charges.
    What a surprise. I expected the gunman to be described as a middle aged white man from the suburbs with a legal carry permit.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What a surprise. I expected the gunman to be described as a middle aged white man from the suburbs with a legal carry permit.
    It isn't "Law & Order".

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It isn't "Law & Order".
    My bad, I just woke from a nap.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand