Hybrid View

1. #1 Rush Limbaugh predicts: Marco Rubio will be president 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Radio giant high on Florida senator despite question of eligibility

PALM BEACH, Fla. Ė Even though he's not running for the presidency and may not even be eligible for it, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida will someday hold the highest office in the land, according to talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh.

The top-rated political analyst made the prediction this afternoon while making a point about sticking to candidates with conservative purity instead of promoting moderate Republicans.

"You want conservative purity," said Limbaugh, "I'll give it to you: Marco Rubio, who is someday going to be president of the United States."

He made the statement as part of an in-depth discussion on whether conservatives should remain faithful to their values, or become more moderate.

He cited Rubio, an unabashed conservative, who defeated former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, often described as a moderate, in the race for U.S. Senate.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=342485

question of eligibility? Was he born in Cuba?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    question of eligibility? Was he born in Cuba?
    Nope, born May 28, 1971 (age 40) Miami, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Nope, born May 28, 1971 (age 40) Miami, Florida
    Yeah... that's what I'm finding. This website is weird though.

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/...-want-to-know/

It completely ignores the fact that he was born in the US, and tries to make the case that because both his parents weren't citizens, he's not eligible. Then they try to extrapolate that onto Obama. *shrugs*
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Yeah... that's what I'm finding. This website is weird though.

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/...-want-to-know/

It completely ignores the fact that he was born in the US, and tries to make the case that because both his parents weren't citizens, he's not eligible. Then they try to extrapolate that onto Obama. *shrugs*
    yeah, that guy is trying to make something out of nothing, all cases pertaining to the 14th amendment ("All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.") and citizenship since United States v. Wong Kim Ark have ruled that person's born on US soil are citizens. it's cut and dry. Rubio is eligible.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yeah, that guy is trying to make something out of nothing, all cases pertaining to the 14th amendment ("All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.") and citizenship since United States v. Wong Kim Ark have ruled that person's born on US soil are citizens. it's cut and dry. Rubio is eligible.
    Which suprises me about Rush's uncertainty about it. He's usually smarter then that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.