Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey guys, this is supposed to be a discussion of what's going to happen to not only us, but our children and grandchildren, with the current economic policies.

When you listen to the clip, it brings it home more tangibly than reading the stats in terms of trillions.

If someone doesn't have kids, I'd hope that there would be a concern for other people's children or nieces and nephews or the kids of friends.

Now on with the mature discussions and drop the name calling, kids. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    If someone doesn't have kids, I'd hope that there would be a concern for other people's children or nieces and nephews or the kids of friends.

Now on with the mature discussions and drop the name calling, kids. :D
    Some that I know, sure. The thought of Lacarnut and Bailey actually having sproglets, though.... :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That is approximately the 20th time you have told us that. It is getting as old as Nova telling us he is a homo.

A lib who hates kids...shocking!:eek:

not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Some that I know, sure. The thought of Lacarnut and Bailey actually having sproglets, though.... :eek:
    Sounds like YOU were a wham bam thank you mam reject baby.:eek:

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    A lib who hates kids...shocking!:eek:

not.
    Where did I say I hated kids? I have goddaughters I'm very fond of. What's wrong with deciding children are not on your own agenda for life? Is it better to just have them automatically and mindlessly because that's what you're "supposed" to do? I'm asking you this seriously.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Where did I say I hated kids? I have goddaughters I'm very fond of. What's wrong with deciding children are not on your own agenda for life? Is it better to just have them automatically and mindlessly because that's what you're "supposed" to do? I'm asking you this seriously.

There is nothing wrong with your choice not to have children.

I wanted children, but I wanted them the right way. As I never found a husband, I never had children of my own. I love the children in my family and the children and young adults on my caseload.

Nothing is wrong with that...actually...it's just funny how you always bring up your discontent of children everytime a child is discussed in a thread. Nothing is wrong with hating children, as long as you don't have any....so I respect that you didn't....Too many children suffer at the hands of parents who never liked/wanted children.

I don't have any children of my own, but I'll give my nieces and nephews silver dollars every once in a while... The way things are going, it may have to be cut back to mercury dimes before long. Uncle Tecate ain't exactly Warren Buffett in this or any economy. :D

They should start learning to sing those old songs they used to sing in the cotton fields many years ago, because they're probably going to be slaves. It's a terrible thing to say, but looking more and more real all the time.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Nothing is wrong with that...actually...it's just funny how you always bring up your discontent of children everytime a child is discussed in a thread. Nothing is wrong with hating children, as long as you don't have any....so I respect that you didn't....Too many children suffer at the hands of parents who never liked/wanted children.
    OK, thanks. I didn't know that the "wink" and smile at the end of my comment meant I hated children. I thought it meant a wink and a smile, as in "intended to be humorous". Not having children doesn't mean you hate them; it just means that you can't see yourself in the role of parent. I agree that there are people who should never have had children, and my husband would tell you that his parents are stellar examples of that. I figure, we have the technology now, so we don't "have to" have children as previous generations did.