1. #1 Biden Op-Ed in NYT 
    Banned
    "America’s strengths are, for now, China’s weaknesses. In China, I argued that for it to make the transition to an innovation economy, it will have to open its system, not least to human rights. Fundamental rights are universal, and China’s people aspire to them. Liberty unlocks a people’s full potential, while its absence breeds unrest. Open and free societies are best at promoting long-term growth, stability, prosperity and innovation."

READ IT ALL @ http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/08/op...e.html?_r=1&hp

For something coming from the Vice President of the United States its a pretty candid little piece. There's of course some politics in it but they aren't incredibly blatant.

I dont know, I've always really liked Biden. Guy says stupid shit sometimes but he really would be a qualified president.

Banned
    Old Joe blowing smoke up the Chinese ass does not square with how this administration has screwed this country up with hampering innovation, new regulations, higher health care costs, and killing jobs in this country. Personally, I don't give a hoot about job creation in China. I would like to see many regulations scrapped, taxes lowered, increased drilling for oil offshore and onshore, incentives for US jobs rather than catering to job killing companies like GE. What a joke these two birds are with an economic adviser like Immelt. The words that half brain Joe espouse do not match the actions of this administration. I would rather have crazy Ron Paul as President opposed to crazy Joe.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 09-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.

We owe China money. Their reply is "whatever" just pay your debt service. Our debt service alone is enough to fund the entire Chinese military. This frees up domestic funds that they can invest in industry. The US borrows to buy Chinese products, increases the debt service payment, increasing the amount of domestic funds for investment.

Money talks in any political structure. Biden's talk is simply bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    We owe China money. Their reply is "whatever" just pay your debt service. Our debt service alone is enough to fund the entire Chinese military. This frees up domestic funds that they can invest in industry. The US borrows to buy Chinese products, increases the debt service payment, increasing the amount of domestic funds for investment.

Money talks in any political structure. Biden's talk is simply bullshit.
    Whats that saying: "you owe the bank 100 dollars the bank owns you but if you owe the bank 100 million dollars you own the bank."

Quote Originally Posted by The Gutless Coward KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I dont know, I've always really liked Biden. Guy says stupid shit sometimes but he really would be a qualified president.
    Gee, what a surprise...you like Joe Biden....someone who'd be even a worse President than The 0bumbler.

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sonnabend

Biden is not only stupid, a fault easily forgiven as it isn't his fault, he is a liberal moron. The last fault is unforgivable as there is ample evidence that shows his ideology to be flawed and useless. He is a fool.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand