Hybrid View

1. #1 Sen. Jon Kyl (R.,Ariz.),Threatens to Walk if Debt Panel Hits Defense 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A Republican senator threatened to walk out on the special deficit-reduction supercommittee if other members push for new cuts in defense spending.

The remark by Sen. Jon Kyl (R.,Ariz.), a defense finance expert and frequent budget negotiator, threatened to shatter any hope for compromise or bipartisan cooperation as the deficit panel held its first public meeting Thursday.

"I'm off of the committee, if we're going to talk about further defense spending," Sen. Kyl said at a luncheon organized by the conservative Foreign Policy Initiative, the American Enterprise Institute and the Heritage Foundation, referring to a conversation he had with panel ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

Banned
    This is just a bunch of showboating by Obama and the Democraps. The Boles commission already gave the Fuhrer and Reid recommendations which were rejected. No agreement will be formulated because of ranting moonbats like Kerry on the committee. The automatic cuts will happen to the military and social security. The dummkopf Repubs got snookered again cause that was the plan (no agreement) from day 1.
    Boehner is dumb as a rock for agreeing to this committee fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    This is just a bunch of showboating by Obama and the Democraps. The Boles commission already gave the Fuhrer and Reid recommendations which were rejected. No agreement will be formulated because of ranting moonbats like Kerry on the committee. The automatic cuts will happen to the military and social security. The dummkopf Repubs got snookered again cause that was the plan (no agreement) from day 1.
    Boehner is dumb as a rock for agreeing to this committee fiasco.
    Anything done by Congress can be undone with the right stack in the House, Senate and Executive. So, we only have to play this song and dance for another year or so. The new congress is going to have to work around the clock to undo all this mayhem, and get the country on the right track. That means we are going to need a House and Senate stacked with real conservatives, not beltway Republican Lites.

With that being said here's what I think President Downgrade's real agenda is. In cahoots with his allies in the House and Senate, the Zero Administration is going to ensure that any proposals made by Democrats on the "Super Committee" are so indigestible, that no agreement could possibly be made. Then he's going to use the bully pulpit to campaign against Republicans. portraying them as ideologically uncompromising . We've seen this tactic before.

However, here comes the new twist. When it's time for the automatic, across the board cuts to kick in, the Zero Administration is going to challenge certain, "pet" programs from being cut in the courts, and likely be granted a stay on most domestic spending while not bothering to challenge the defense cuts. This will keep the union backing and the fake "green economy" gravy train rolling on down the tracks. In campaigning he will claim that he cut spending, and that spending wasn't cut enough to satisfy Americans because Republicans wouldn't reach an agreement in committee. This would be Chicago style underhanded politics at it's finest. This mantra will be echoed by his "army" of Unionistas, Obamabots, and his cheerleading section in the MSM.

In doing the only thing he does well, campaigning, Obama is devious and resourceful. If he'd only direct that sort of effort and mental acuity at putting the free market back on track, he'd have a record he could run on without the need for deception. The various Republican political think tanks and national groups had better be ready to bring the truth into light when he pulls this stunt.
    Last edited by malloc; 09-09-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    down side is, if they don't cut something somewhere, defense will get cut automatically :mad:
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    down side is, if they don't cut something somewhere, defense will get cut automatically :mad:
    I think that has been the plan all along. Military spending, VA hospitals, pensions, etc will all be on the chopping block because many Democrats despise the military like Carter, Clinton and now Obama. As long as this POS is in office very few current cuts will be made in other departments. Watch for an overall troop reduction of a hundred thousand or more. It happened in 1958, and it will happen again if the Democrats have their way.

Kyl would smart to at least appear cooperative, especially considering all a stand-off will do is cut defense spending along with everything else. Our current sad state of affairs my make it seem like Obama's goose is cooked, but a year is a long time in politics.
    Bored? Visit my blog, The Dysfunction Junction!
    Conservative. College. Caffeine.
    http://thedysfunctionjunction.com