Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Prayers for my MIL 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Hey guys, my mother in law went in this morning to get a Hearth Cath done. I got a text from my wife, who's at the hospital, that they found 90% blockage and are now doing open heart bypass surgery. Could use some prayers for her and the rest of my family.

Thanks.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Hey guys, my mother in law went in this morning to get a Hearth Cath done. I got a text from my wife, who's at the hospital, that they found 90% blockage and are now doing open heart bypass surgery. Could use some prayers for her and the rest of my family.

Thanks.
    They have done so many of those bypasses that it's old news..The scar left from opening the chest is horrendous and held closed with wire.. Not to worry,my Son in Law was a male nurse in a VA cardiac unit and he assisted in several hundred bypasses.He and the surgeon would joke while they worked..The surgeon told him that he could fix any problem that came up with the heart but if the patient had a stroke while on the table, they were on their own.....Prayers tonight and during the day...

Prayer for successful operation and recovery sent.

thanks, yeah, my step-father in law (MIL's husband) had a heart attack 2 years ago, he's doing great now. The biggest thing is that her mom had similar issues and died from a heart attack a couple days before their wedding, but that was 20ish years ago, and she's a lot like her mom. thankfully they caught it now before she had a full blown heart attack.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    thanks, yeah, my step-father in law (MIL's husband) had a heart attack 2 years ago, he's doing great now. The biggest thing is that her mom had similar issues and died from a heart attack a couple days before their wedding, but that was 20ish years ago, and she's a lot like her mom. thankfully they caught it now before she had a full blown heart attack.
    Over the years the arteries and veins clog up from accumulated lipids..If a person is genetically predisposed to arterial wall eruptions the plaque will lodge and block the blood flow.Your wife needs to be careful and be stress tested regularly as she grows older,It's definitely genetic...

yeah, part of my MIL problem is she had her thyroid and gall blater out and never changed her diet to match. My wife does need to keep an eye on her thyroid as there is history of that other than her mom in the family

and she's going to be having a triple or quad bypass on monday

yeah, part of my MIL problem is she had her thyroid and gall blater out and never changed her diet to match. My wife does need to keep an eye on her thyroid as there is history of that other than her mom in the family

and she's going to be having a triple or quad bypass on monday
    My prayers are with you and your family and your MIL.

I was wondering, how should she have modified her diet due to the thyroid and gallbladder being taken out? I've never seen info on that. (had both removed also---they thought the thyroid was malignant but thankfully it wasn't).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    You are all in my prayers.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    My prayers are with you and your family and your MIL.

I was wondering, how should she have modified her diet due to the thyroid and gallbladder being taken out? I've never seen info on that. (had both removed also---they thought the thyroid was malignant but thankfully it wasn't).
    Thyroid, more the medication, she hasn't been taking any for several years. though getting iodine into your system helps too.

Gall bladder, you're suppose to cut back on a lot of the fats, particularly eggs and nuts and heavy meat, which she hasn't done, as the Gall bladder produces many of the enzymes that help break them down.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Belated prayers and well wishes. Any updates?
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.