Thread: Rahm Pops His Cork At Teachers Union President..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Have you any idea of the politics of schools? One thing collective bargaining does is give employees recourse, so the same bitch who is trying to get you fired isn't the one who get's to decide if her actions are correct.
    you realize that they still have those protections, whether they are unionized or not?
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well, the fact that people breed like rats might have something to do with that.

It also might be that education is a primary function of municipal government.

It's rather like saying that police departments would be alot more affordable if they didn't have to pay people.

I'm sorry, what talent do you bring the world that you give away for free? Other than cross posting from Free Republic that is?
    You seem a bit hostile to people having children,have you had any ? Education is the responsibility of the parents and always has been . Governments role in education has always been spotty and poorly done.......Of late it's been taken over by big labor who's only concern is more money for the union coffers..

You have the tendency of casting off straw men as you go along...Who mentioned anything about the police as opposed to teaching ?....Their role is different and useful .....They aren't like the teachers, always crying for more money and smaller classes..I'm payed for what I do to produce more profits for the people I work for and If,unlike teachers, I fail to produce I'd be unemployed damn quick...

As for where I read the things that I post are you adverse to my posting what I've read or where I've read it ?...Have you something against certain conservative sites ? ...Would you prefer I post from Huffington or the NY Times ? ....Post what you will,as you read it and I'll do the same.....:D

Teachers in this country, public or private make roughly $26,000 - $100,000 per year from new hires to long term survivors.

They are hardly stealing their paychecks.
    The biggest problem I have with the teaching profession is their habit of demanding a retirement after 20 years. They should be treated just like everyone else and work until they have earned a retirement, either on their own or at age 65 +-.

Maybe "Rahmbo" will blow up one time too many, but I really don't think so. He's a bully and he knows when to bully. Now he has a position where he can really throw his weight around. So that's what he will do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    you realize that they still have those protections, whether they are unionized or not?
    Correct. All teachers, state employees, fireman and policeman come under civil service where I live which thank God is a right to work state. They do not need unions. It is very hard to get rid of a bad employee. You can fire them but if they go to civil service court, they will get reinstated 9 out of 10 times with back pay. I have seen it happen too many times.

Is Tiny Dancer getting upset with his trained monkeys?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand