Thread: Longshoreman Assaults Media: ‘Get the f*** out of this parking lot right now’ (Video)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Longshoreman Assaults Media: ‘Get the f*** out of this parking lot right now’ (Video) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A member of a Pacific Northwest longshoreman’s union verbally attacked and threatened a news crew that showed up at the union’s local headquarters in Longview, Washington. The confrontation was captured on a video that hit YouTube Friday morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFHBG...layer_embedded

“I’m from KGW and I wanted to know if there was anyone here who would want to talk to us about the situation,” a Portland, Ore. television correspondent is seen asking while knocking on the building’s door.

“Actually, if you go down to Miller Avenue, and talk to them dumbasses down there at EGT, they’ll tell you how they’re fucking the Longshoremen around here,” the union member answered from behind the door. “That’s what you can do, so go back to Portland. Bye!”

EGT Development is a contracting company that operates a grain terminal in Longview, Wash., which is at the center of an International Longshore and Warehouse Union work stoppage. The Portland television news crew, from NBC affiliate KGW, proceeded to film papers posted on the building’s exterior wall. That didn’t sit so well with the already clearly upset union member.

On Wednesday in Longview, hundreds of International Longshore and Warehouse Union members, upset over EGT’s decision to hire workers from a different union, stormed the facility and blocked train tracks there, escalating a longstanding labor dispute.

By Thursday, union workers walked off the job at four other Washington ports, including one in Seattle, and a federal judge was warning the ILWU to stand down. The ILWU contends that it did not call for the work stoppage.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/09/lo...E2%80%99/#tcot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    A member of a Pacific Northwest longshoreman’s union verbally attacked and threatened a news crew that showed up at the union’s local headquarters in Longview, Washington. The confrontation was captured on a video that hit YouTube Friday morning.
    They were on private property and had been told to leave, but stayed and were filming printed materials not legible from the public sidewalk.

Fabulous Poster
    But good for you megimoo. Sing, sing, sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    But good for you megimoo. Sing, sing, sing.
    It seems to me the Union Critters were guilty of kidnapping by holding those guards against their wills ?Why didn't the FBI go in and arrest the whole lot of them ?
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    It seems to me the Union Critters were guilty of kidnapping by holding those guards against their wills ?
    Why didn't the FBI go in and arrest the whole lot of them ?
    Probably because the FBI doesn't act on your imagination or bias. If the news crew feels wronged, they have lawyers.

They were on private property and had been told to leave, but stayed and were filming printed materials not legible from the public sidewalk.
    I assume there were other businesses using that parking lot ?

A bit more from the The Daily Caller :

Longshoreman assaults media: ‘Get the fuck out of this parking lot right now’

snip
    On Wednesday in Longview, hundreds of International Longshore and Warehouse Union members, upset over EGT’s decision to hire workers from a different union, stormed the facility and blocked train tracks there, escalating a longstanding labor dispute.

By Thursday, union workers walked off the job at four other Washington ports, including one in Seattle, and a federal judge was warning the ILWU to stand down. The ILWU contends that it did not call for the work stoppage.

“Hey, get your fucking camera out of here, that’s none of your fucking business, you cock bite,” the union member said to the reporter while grabbing his camera. “Unless you want [to be arrested for] trespassing, get the fuck out of here now. Get out of here now! Don’t fuck with me partner!”

A member of the news crew retorted: “You’re not on the PR staff, are you?”

The union member kept threatening the news crew: “You don’t fucking worry about who I’m with. Get the fuck out of here, that’s none of your fucking business, cocksucker. Unless you want trespassing, get out of here.”

A cameraman kept filming the union member, who then approached him and yelled: “You want your fucking camera broke, cocksucker?”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/09/lo...#ixzz1XUsZ8uSN

Fabulous Poster
    I assume there were other businesses using that parking lot ?
    You have no reason to assume that.

Ok...having been in the situation that the cameramen were in numerous times...as I am a cameraman and have been punched, spit on, kicked, pushed, almost run over and been shot at a total of 6 times..

The media has the right to go onto the property to ask to talk to someone. If asked to leave private property, then they must do so. Hopefully the union HQ was clearly marked Private Property..otherwise the news crews have a good argument for being in the parking lot/property.

However what happened there was assault by the longshoreman on the cameraman. Possibly both cameramen. When Mr. Cocksucker (hey, he said that was his name....) physically touched the lens of the camera, he has committed assault. Courts have ruled that in the duty of recording news stories, interviews, etc., the camera becomes an extension of the body, therefore if it is touched in any threatening way it can be considered assault on the person holding the camera.

Whether the parking lot is owned by the union..is vague as it was never mentioned...or if recorded, wasn't shown..there seems to be a gap in the footage...unknown if it is totally "raw". The cameraman could have stopped down, or it was edited for briefness (to cut out some of the ancillary b-roll in between the door and Mr. Cocksucker coming out..)

Mr. Cocksucker had no reason to touch the lens...of either camera..
    Last edited by newshutr; 09-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Probably because the FBI doesn't act on your imagination or bias. If the news crew feels wronged, they have lawyers.
    No, actually, they have the cops/sheriff dept. to call. Looking at the video..I don't see anywhere that is shown as private property..

No visible signage... but then again, haven't seen all of the b-roll..
    No...you can't be on TV.

Do you see where it says private property anywhere in the video? Any "no trespassing" signs anywhere..?

This undetermined.. You can't claim it's private property, Nova.. And if it is in a strip mall area, or business park, then where the media could be allowed is vague without clarification from the owner of said property by sign or security.
    No...you can't be on TV.