Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    A friend of ours is a Teamster, a truck driver in Massachusetts. He works for Yellow Freight. Not long ago, they were forced to take a substantial pay cut - don't know exactly how much or, as I understand, risk the closure of their terminal and job loss. No cut in dues, though. The Teamsters still get all of their money.
    This was enforced on us.. cuts were based on how long you were there...longer there..more pay cut..we had no say. We're fighting it in the NLRB. I'm not pro union..but what the company did was wrong..and same applies to us..we get a cut in pay but the dues are still the same..

I haven't paid them since the cut..
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

A friend of ours is a Teamster, a truck driver in Massachusetts. He works for Yellow Freight. Not long ago, they were forced to take a substantial pay cut - don't know exactly how much or, as I understand, risk the closure of their terminal and job loss. No cut in dues, though. The Teamsters still get all of their money.
    Best thing that could happen to the trucking industry is if Yellow-Roadway Corp (ie. YRC) goes out of business. They are a cancer in the trucking industry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    This was enforced on us.. cuts were based on how long you were there...longer there..more pay cut..we had no say. We're fighting it in the NLRB. I'm not pro union..but what the company did was wrong..and same applies to us..we get a cut in pay but the dues are still the same..

I haven't paid them since the cut..
    Sounds similar. Maybe it wasn't just Yellow, but all over. Our friend has been with them 18 yrs. He took a substantial pay cut. That I know.

He doesn't pay much attention to Teamster diatribe. He's Republican and Conservative or as Conservative as any Conservative in Massachusetts, which to me is more conservative light.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Sounds similar. Maybe it wasn't just Yellow, but all over. Our friend has been with them 18 yrs. He took a substantial pay cut. That I know.

He doesn't pay much attention to Teamster diatribe. He's Republican and Conservative or as Conservative as any Conservative in Massachusetts, which to me is more conservative light.
    Well I'm a NABET member.. Broadcasting union..
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He doesn't have to, he answered the door.

You guys are making fools out of yourselves because you have been convinced that union are teh debbil. Any other time, I would expect you to be defending private property rights.

You pull a gun on a man who has told you to leave his property, and he has a right to shoot you in Florida.
    He could have been the janitor. He showed no more bonifides than the newsman. I would have pushed said DUmmy to the brink, caught his response on tape, and his ass whipping put on you tube.
    Last edited by AmPat; 09-12-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He doesn't have to, he answered the door.

You guys are making fools out of yourselves because you have been convinced that union are teh debbil. Any other time, I would expect you to be defending private property rights.

You pull a gun on a man who has told you to leave his property, and he has a right to shoot you in Florida.
    That would be some trick for a dead man to pull.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand