Thread: Longshoreman Assaults Media: ‘Get the f*** out of this parking lot right now’ (Video)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Show me where it's posted Private property...
    It doesn't matter, they had been told to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Nope...sorry...doesn't work that way.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

The moron did not identify himself as anybody who had authority to tell them to leave. I would have challenged him on that. If the moron had poked his chest in my face I would have shoved the barrel of my pistol 2 inches up his left nostril. This will end up with many holes in the ground. IS that what all you liberturds want?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

They were on private property and had been told to leave.........
    Actually, in most places if the drive way in connected to the public road it is not considered private property and you may not limit access.

I have some experience in this area with trucks. A police officer usually will not ask anyone to leave who is legally parked. As an officer explained to me: Anyone can buy a no parking sign, but the police force is only allowed to enforce city ordinances.
    A business may not order you off their property simply because they do not like you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    The moron did not identify himself as anybody who had authority to tell them to leave. I would have challenged him on that.
    He doesn't have to, he answered the door.

You guys are making fools out of yourselves because you have been convinced that union are teh debbil. Any other time, I would expect you to be defending private property rights.

You pull a gun on a man who has told you to leave his property, and he has a right to shoot you in Florida.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Actually, in most places if the drive way in connected to the public road it is not considered private property and you may not limit access.

I have some experience in this area with trucks. A police officer usually will not ask anyone to leave who is legally parked. As an officer explained to me: Anyone can buy a no parking sign, but the police force is only allowed to enforce city ordinances.
    A business may not order you off their property simply because they do not like you.
    The Jehovah's Witness ruling saying that a solicitor (or a newscrew, or anyone else) has the right to go where the US Postal carrier goes. That is not in dispute. It does not entitle you to hang out on someone else's property. It entitles you to knock on the door, make a statement, request, or delivery, and then leave. The newscrew was not trespassing by knocking on the door of the building. That is not in dispute. They were trespassing as soon as they turned to leave, but decided to stay on the private property.

The newscrew was not standing in a driveway. The driveway is entirely in the right of way, and therefore public. The driveway ends at the entrance to the parking lot, which is private property and they do indeed have a right to decide who can and cannot remain in their parking lot. The union hall is not a public accommodation and no part of it is considered a right of way.

Banned
    The Jehovah's Witness ruling saying that a solicitor (or a newscrew, or anyone else) has the right to go where the US Postal carrier goes. That is not in dispute. It does not entitle you to hang out on someone else's property. It entitles you to knock on the door, make a statement, request, or delivery, and then leave. The newscrew was not trespassing by knocking on the door of the building. That is not in dispute. They were trespassing as soon as they turned to leave, but decided to stay on the private property.

The newscrew was not standing in a driveway. The driveway is entirely in the right of way, and therefore public. The driveway ends at the entrance to the parking lot, which is private property and they do indeed have a right to decide who can and cannot remain in their parking lot. The union hall is not a public accommodation and no part of it is considered a right of way.
    The union scum bag does not have the right to threaten the news crew. It has already been explained to you about putting a hand on the camera. Of course a liberal punk like you thinks it is okay for the union scum in WA to destroy private property and trespass there. Which is it, hypocrite? Once again, everyone sees what a pathetic liberal dumbass you are.

He doesn't have to, he answered the door.

You guys are making fools out of yourselves because you have been convinced that union are teh debbil. Any other time, I would expect you to be defending private property rights.

You pull a gun on a man who has told you to leave his property, and he has a right to shoot you in Florida.

Hey numbnuts..Guess what...? I'm also a union member that is going through a dispute with my employer..I've had a 24% pay cut forced on me and my-co-workers..

Once again...you're using Florida's laws that don't apply in another state.
    No...you can't be on TV.

Ok, if it's that simple...using your logic...

LEAVE THIS SITE NOW...!!!

Lets see if you follow your own train of thought. Leave. Pack up and log out. Don't come back.

Bet you don't.
    No...you can't be on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Hey numbnuts..Guess what...? I'm also a union member that is going through a dispute with my employer..I've had a 24% pay cut forced on me and my-co-workers..

Once again...you're using Florida's laws that don't apply in another state.
    A friend of ours is a Teamster, a truck driver in Massachusetts. He works for Yellow Freight. Not long ago, they were forced to take a substantial pay cut - don't know exactly how much or, as I understand, risk the closure of their terminal and job loss. No cut in dues, though. The Teamsters still get all of their money.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.