Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The rabbits in Night of the Lepus.
    I have seen that one!( ptarmy nightmares) bUt what about the tall man in the Phantasm movies! He is scary!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Credit where credit is due:

WIN!!!!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

I have to pick the tub of lard in "An Inconvenient Truth."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I saved Gator's you-know-what on this one just now. I seldom intervene on these things unless it makes us look bad to the Lefties but Gator said I had, "significant moral clarity" one time so it's a little payback. :)
    It still ain't right. :p

I dunno if I'd consider him the scariest of all time, but the scariest I've seen in recent years was anton chigurh from No Country For Old Men. The guy just wouldn't stop and he's so calm throughout the whole film while he's killing people left and right. Plus the weaponry just kicked arse! Using a compressed air tank to blow a dude's brains out? And that silenced shotgun? Tell me that didn't rule.

Terminator ain't got s*** on Anton.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I have seen that one!( ptarmy nightmares) bUt what about the tall man in the Phantasm movies! He is scary!
    He was pretty creepy. I think that one that really scared me the most was Bruce the Shark from the first Jaws movie.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I saved Gator's you-know-what on this one just now. I seldom intervene on these things unless it makes us look bad to the Lefties but Gator said I had, "significant moral clarity" one time so it's a little payback. :)
    I have been getting a lot of grief on that kind of stuff lately. I need to pay more attention to what I am doing.

Oh, and by the way, don't get too excited about the "significant moral clarity" remark. Men sometimes tell women what they think the women want to hear in order to get certain favors, know what I mean? It doesn't mean anything.

Power CUer
    This thread started with the ultimate: Mitchum in "Night of the Hunter". He's chilling, and the fact that two small children are up against him in an unfair fight is riveting. When my husband and I were first together, he had no tolerance at all for scary movies (he's developed some, in self defense, over the years). I 'sold' this to him as "a Robert Mitchum movie" so he happily went along with it. He read the video box once we got home: "Pauline Kael says, 'possibly the most frightening film ever made....'" by then the credits were rolling and it was..... too..... late...... :p

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I fear Lindanumbers when she sees this thread title.:eek:
    I saw it. Fortunately, I'm feeling unusually benevolent today. We'll see how soon that wears off.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Another genre. Liberty Valence was just dangerous. So dangerous, John Wayne had to bushwhack him. Really good story. Really bad villain.
    I saw that movie in the theatre when it came out, so I was about seven. My parents liked John Wayne westerns, and took me to this one. Liberty Valance was hard to take at that age. It's probably colored my view of Lee Marvin in every other part since - I just don't like him that much.