Thread: Scariest Movie Villain

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I saved Gator's you-know-what on this one just now.
    Wait.... you mean the version of the thread title I'm seeing now is AFTER it was corrected? I naturally assumed I was seeing the before.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    No way. Jack did a great job but I would've kicked the shit out of him early on.
    Yeah... He would have killed you pretty easily, you'd have been an extra. :D

noonwitch
    Buffalo Bill in "The Silence Of The Lambs". Lechter is creepy, but has reasons why he kills people-either to get away, cover up his crime, or because that individual did something to personally piss him off.

Buffalo Bill has reasons why he kills, but that scene where he's chasing Jodie Foster in the dark room, where he is wearing the see in the dark glasses is so scary. It ends great, with her blowing him away, but between that and "it puts the lotion back in the basket", he's pretty scary.

When we were kids, my older brother was scared of the Siamese cats in "Lady and The Tramp" and my sister was terrified of Malificent in "Sleeping Beauty". I thought Barnabas Collins was scary when our babysitter would make us watch "Dark Shadows" with her.

When I commented the title and first sentence both said "scarest" which they still do. I am not sure what snap means.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I read the book before I saw the movie. The book is a masterpiece of terror. There is a quote by HP Lovecraft that says something about the greatest horror being that which is unseen.

You see the statue of the demon in the Middle East when Father Damien is digging on the archaeology site, and the shadow in the background during the exorcism, but nothing else. The power of what is suggested is brilliantly wrought.

And the scene with the dogs fighting between father Damien and the statue of Pazuzu in Iraq is so evocative of the struggle between the priest and the demon for the possession of the little girl. Give me chills just thinking about it.

The clock stopping was pretty scary too.

Subtlety can be really scary.
    Agreed, BD. That scene in the desert with the ancient statue is very very chilling.

I always thought the old preacher from Poltergeist (and the sequel) to be very creepy. My top villain, though, would probably be old school...Blofeld (aka Donald Pleasance) from the Sean Connery-era 007 films.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

This guy still scares the shit out of my wife, which ain't saying much.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    The clown looks like the one in "It", is that correct? i don't recognize #2 and #3 at all; #2 looks like an Evil Thomas the Tank Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The clown looks like the one in "It", is that correct? i don't recognize #2 and #3 at all; #2 looks like an Evil Thomas the Tank Engine.
    Yeah, the clown is Pennywise from "It." Played by Tim Curry. Yes, THAT Tim Curry.

#2 is the lead truck from "Maximum Overdrive."

#3 is the guy from "Poltergeist," I think.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Ooh, I love this category! Since it's scariest villains (Rather than simply "Best villains"), here are my top picks that I can think of off the top of my head, in no real order:
    1. Pennywise the Clown, 'It.'
    2. Rusty Nail, 'Joy Ride.' Though he isn't quite as scary when you actually see him in the climax, when he's just stalking/ taunting the boys over the CB radio is terrifying, Ted Levine did a brilliant job as the voice of Rusty Nail.
    3. Hexxus, 'Ferngully: The Last Rainforest.' Easily one of the all- time best and scariest villains in an animated movie, especially when he grows all big and his head becomes skull- like, easy nightmare factor for little kids watching it.
    4. Mola Ram, 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.'
    5. Blackheart, 'Ghost Rider.' Majorly underrated movie, Wes Bentley is scary as hell (No pun intended) as the demon Blackheart, especially when he reverts into Demon Mode, and in the climactic fight between him and Ghost Rider in the end of the film.

I just realized I put in two different roles played by Tim Curry (Pennywise and Hexxus). He really is the ultimate villain actor.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Agreed, BD. That scene in the desert with the ancient statue is very very chilling.

I always thought the old preacher from Poltergeist (and the sequel) to be very creepy. My top villain, though, would probably be old school...Blofeld (aka Donald Pleasance) from the Sean Connery-era 007 films.
    That's a good one.......I forgot about him.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ