Thread: What is American?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I've never understood all this melodramatic memorial at ground zero hoopla from the start. These people attacked us and cost us thousands of lives and billions and billions of dollars.

All we need is a huge plaque that says, "Vengeance and Victory shall always be ours."

A quadriga would be nice too.

While I'm all for getting the terrorists, I'm not for labeling all of a particular type of people as terrorists.

I realize this doesn't apply to you, but the message at mass yesterday was forgiveness (even for them). That means we shouldn't seek revenge. Defend ourselves, yes. Not revenge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    We don't build aggressive public artwork like that anymore. Obama said he didn't want to spike the football. Nova's not just proposing a football spike, but that coupled with "Vengeance and...."etc. It's a football spike and making out with the head cheerleader while fireworks spelling out your name go off, concluding with a fighter jet flyover
    9/11!!!! FUCK YEA

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    9/11!!!! FUCK YEA
    Awww, you're so cute, thinking you're trying to make a point with a sarcasm.

dumbass. . .

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

9/11!!!! FUCK YEA
    I'd like to see what your relatives qould post if you were one of those who jumped out of one of the towers or was sitting on one of the airplanes on 9/11. I bet F*** Yeah would not be among the comments.:mad:
    You are a contemptible, vile, disgusting little worm of a man.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'd like to see what your relatives qould post if you were one of those who jumped out of one of the towers or was sitting on one of the airplanes on 9/11. I bet F*** Yeah would not be among the comments.:mad:
    You are a contemptible, vile, disgusting little worm of a man.
    What you dont understand is that I was mocking Q who, for all intents and purposes, said the exact thing you're trying to say was vile and contemptible.

What you dont understand is that I was mocking Q who, for all intents and purposes, said the exact thing you're trying to say was vile and contemptible.
    I have no problem with spiking the football in the face of victory over terrorism or any other enemy. The "F*** Yeahs" I will reserve for our team.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Revenge fueled justice is kind of sick. It reminds me of people who enjoy and cheer the idea that criminals get raped in prison. I can just imagine people drooling with excitement over seeing a "bad person" get tortured and dehumanized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

If you paid attention, I wasn't making a value judgement. I was just quantifying what Nova proposed into a visual comparison.

Now go fuck yourself. :)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Everybody is going nuts!:eek:
    It's nice to see we are getting back to normal here.:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg