1. #1 In Honor of Sept. 11, 2001 
    Didn't find this elswhere in the forums, so decided to put it here.

Am going away for the weekend and wanted to participate before leaving.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Is it just me but does the 10/11/2011 seem like a holiday...I have mixed emotions and have made them pretty clear with this statement:

I am not interested in celebrating a day of death. My celebration will start when all the world's children are free with the same freedoms that we enjoy every day. You many say what you want about past and current Presidents of the United S...tates, but we are Blessed to live without a dictatorship or totalitarianism. The worst weapon of mass desctruction is a terrorist. I will celebrate when every member of our great Armed Forces of the United States is home with their families and no more children have to be handed a flag at mommy or daddy's funeral. If I don't live to see this celebration, I will pass it on to my family when my time is up. We must never give up.

Last edited by RobJohnson; 09-11-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Power CUer
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Is it just me but does the 10/11/2011 seem like a holiday...
    It's Columbus Day weekend, October 11, right?
    I think you mean 9/11, though. And people do forget that words have meaning - September 11 is not a "holiday" but I heard a Fox News anchor refer to the "September 11 festivities" yesterday. "Observance" was a better word, which she quickly added.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I have been finding the coverage on Fox as very respectful. I do not view it as a festivity or a holiday. I think it's necessary so kids growing up learn who actually did the damage and perhaps see the facts, not the PC version. We need to see it to build our resolve to not cave, ever, to terrorists.

It has been very emotional and touching hearing some stories for the first time of quiet heroism. The stories from those attacked and their relatives are more touching than listening to Biden drone on and on. President Bush and Laura as always are a class act. This is a sober day in which I feel we need to thank God that we live in the USA and enjoy freedom. This shows that although there is great evil in the world, there also is an even stronger force for good.

There was an email making the rounds for some time before this day, reminding everyone to put out a flag in rememberance today. I got our flags out this morning.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Ours is out and waving proudly

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I have been finding the coverage on Fox as very respectful. I do not view it as a festivity or a holiday.
    I didn't mean that it was disrespectful - I was surprised that she used the word "festivities". Either she realized it or she heard a correction in her earpiece, because she added "observation" almost immediately. I don't even know who she was - a 35-ish black woman, with a pageboy flip hairdo like Marlo Thomas's on "That Girl".

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I didn't mean that it was disrespectful - I was surprised that she used the word "festivities". Either she realized it or she heard a correction in her earpiece, because she added "observation" almost immediately. I don't even know who she was - a 35-ish black woman, with a pageboy flip hairdo like Marlo Thomas's on "That Girl".
    Didn't think that you did mean it was disrespectful. I think her last name is Harris Faulkner or something like that. Is she the one with the very wide set eyes, sort of like Jackie O's? She's usually very good at her craft. If it's her, I'm surprised at her slip.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's Columbus Day weekend, October 11, right?
    I think you mean 9/11, though. And people do forget that words have meaning - September 11 is not a "holiday" but I heard a Fox News anchor refer to the "September 11 festivities" yesterday. "Observance" was a better word, which she quickly added.

Yes, a lot of festivities. Lots of people out seeking donations, and special sales at stores! It all makes me sick.

Oh yeah...it WAS a holiday Sunday... Grandparent's day & Patriot Day.