Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Out of all the reasons to vote against Barack Obama, this guy chooses his skin color. :|
    It appears that's the reason for a lot of people according the article. People really disgust me sometimes.

Goldwater
    Hey, this stuff happened to McCain lets remember, the stuff about him fathering a black baby and all that in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It appears that's the reason for a lot of people according the article. People really disgust me sometimes.
    Isn't it funny how the BRITISH papers "know" all about American racism? Especially when they even admitted in the article that the guy never mentioned Obama's race, but did mention his religious beliefs. Read the whole thing, Lanie.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Isn't it funny how the BRITISH papers "know" all about American racism? Especially when they even admitted in the article that the guy never mentioned Obama's race, but did mention his religious beliefs. Read the whole thing, Lanie.
    There are certainly some that reported people not voting for Obama because they don't feel he shares their values, but enough American media outlets have reported on the race issue for you to know about it Mrs Smith.

After living in America my entire life in one of the most racist areas and after already reading about voters who voted for Hillary because they were racists, I have no problem believing it. I'll reread it though.

Ah, here we go.

The sheer scale of Clinton's win in West Virginia - repeated from Pennsylvania to Georgia - took many pundits by surprise. But it did not shock people in Williamson, Jack Spence among them. The elderly retiree, enjoying the hot weather on a street bench, said he voted for Clinton and, now she has lost, he plans to sit out the November election. 'I can't vote for a Republican. My daddy would just roll over in his grave,' he said. But nor can he bring himself to vote for Obama, though he insisted it was not because of race. 'That does not matter to me. Though it might to a lot of folks around here,' he said.

Was there anything Obama could say during the coming campaign to convince him? 'Nope,' Spence replied. Then he broached the one issue many Americans consider off-limits: the potential security threat to Obama. 'Look, someone will kill him. Whoever Obama picks as running mate will end up being president.' Spence's ready smile and chatty manner on the thorny issue of Obama's possible murder gave little clue as to whether he thought it would be a bad thing or not.
    I was discussing this with somebody else the other day. We're actually both concerned that the man's race (along with other things) might lead out to his assassination. :(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I think you're right. I worked the polls at the primary here and was sadened by the horrible comments I heard from the voters.
    I don't care what Obama's race is - it's his policies that worry me.

[/SIZE]
    I agree. However, the race issue cuts both ways and the news media does not go out of their way to report black racism. In fact, they try to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    There are certainly some that reported people not voting for Obama because they don't feel he shares their values, but enough American media outlets have reported on the race issue for you to know about it Mrs Smith.
    I'm absolutely sure the media never, ever slants a story to affect public opinion or gain a larger audience...or whatever.

That a few may vote against his race, yes. But he's gained many more votes from "guilty" whites who vote for his race.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    I'm absolutely sure the media never, ever slants a story to affect public opinion or gain a larger audience...or whatever.

That a few may vote against his race, yes. But he's gained many more votes from "guilty" whites who vote for his race.
    Amen to that. I think the Democrats and the media will make race a big issue especially when their poll numbers start to go south. .