Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It looks like she is saying something about "folding the flag". She has sort of a permanent frown line between the eyes, so if you don't like her to start with it's easy to imagine that she is saying something disparaging.
    Oh, I don't know, maybe that with her past statements that support her disdain for Americans and her Country she cannot seem to be proud of.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

"Look how they're folding the flag"

The head shake was in wonderment at the care and attention to detail.

Let's give 'em a break on this one.:)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What bothers me is why Congressional Republicans are so timid in their critiquing of these two birds. Not so with Democraps when we have a Repub President. God help us if Obama gets reelected.
    I actually agree with their tactic. The GOP, whether they are aware of the tactic or not, are performing a subtle envelopment of all that is Obama. If the GOP goes Greyson and starts shouting about these outrages with spittle flying out of their mouths, they look like gas bags complaining and crying about things which are less important than jobs and the economy. Plus, a simple alternate explanation from the Obama camp could take the wind out of that fury, not matter how implausible the explanation is. If they continue to slam and derail the President's policy while mentioning this sort of overt, anti-American behavior only in passing, they seem like the level headed party focusing on policy. At they say time, they seem like they are more "in tune", for also noticing these things,
    but also considering the economy and jobs too important to break away from to point any energy at this disgusting behavior.

I'm not really sure how better to describe it, but if Congressman Someguy (R) gets up on the National Spotlight and starts whining or screaming about Moochelle, he leaves the Obama team open to take advantage of the outrage. If he get's on T.V. and talks about policy, and if asked about it, calmly says, "yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure what was going on, but I didn't care for the looks of it.", and then continues on about policy, it makes Obama look really, really bad, with no recourse. It's working out grandly for the GOP so far. It's similar to ignoring the crying, screaming baby in the movie theater while talking to the baby's parents about the situation, instead of yelling at the baby directly. Everyone will think you're an asshole if you do the latter, but a hero if you do the former.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    "Look how they're folding the flag"

The head shake was in wonderment at the care and attention to detail.

Let's give 'em a break on this one.:)
    Yuppers.... Nailed it!

I am no fan of these two, this however, is below the belt....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I actually agree with their tactic. The GOP, whether they are aware of the tactic or not, are performing a subtle envelopment of all that is Obama. If the GOP goes Greyson and starts shouting about these outrages with spittle flying out of their mouths, they look like gas bags complaining and crying about things which are less important than jobs and the economy. Plus, a simple alternate explanation from the Obama camp could take the wind out of that fury, not matter how implausible the explanation is. If they continue to slam and derail the President's policy while mentioning this sort of overt, anti-American behavior only in passing, they seem like the level headed party focusing on policy. At they say time, they seem like they are more "in tune", for also noticing these things,
    but also considering the economy and jobs too important to break away from to point any energy at this disgusting behavior.

I'm not really sure how better to describe it, but if Congressman Someguy (R) gets up on the National Spotlight and starts whining or screaming about Moochelle, he leaves the Obama team open to take advantage of the outrage. If he get's on T.V. and talks about policy, and if asked about it, calmly says, "yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure what was going on, but I didn't care for the looks of it.", and then continues on about policy, it makes Obama look really, really bad, with no recourse. It's working out grandly for the GOP so far. It's similar to ignoring the crying, screaming baby in the movie theater while talking to the baby's parents about the situation, instead of yelling at the baby directly. Everyone will think you're an asshole if you do the latter, but a hero if you do the former.
    My remarks were mainly directed at Obama rather than fat ass Moochelle. I agree disparaging the first wookie would not be advantageous for any Repub politician. However, I am for giving tit for tat on calling Obama out for his lack of patriotism and other matters. Bush did not fight back and his detractors ate him alive on the budget and social issues. I want a fighter not a wimp in Congress and in the WH who will go toe to toe with these liberal ideologues.

It's similar to ignoring the crying, screaming baby in the movie theater while talking to the baby's parents about the situation, instead of yelling at the baby directly. Everyone will think you're an asshole if you do the latter, but a hero if you do the former.
    It does have to be legitimate though.

A made-up tempest in a teapot, won't work....

That's what this is. ;)
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    It does have to be legitimate though.

A made-up tempest in a teapot, won't work....

That's what this is. ;)
    I wasn't commenting on this particular action in and of itself, I was talking about things more general. I can say from looking at the video, Michelle did not look pleased to be there. ( She always kind of looks like that though, so I can't really ever tell.)
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

I wasn't commenting on this particular action in and of itself, I was talking about things more general. I can say from looking at the video, Michelle did not look pleased to be there. ( She always kind of looks like that though, so I can't really ever tell.)
    Exactly. She always looks like she's never happy to be where she is. After 8 years of having a First Lady that was almost always smiling and happy (or at least PLEASANT LOOKING) when the camera was on her, it's going to seem even more pronounced. I literally cannot find a picture with Laura Welch Bush looking mad. Seriously. Go try it. I'll wait.

After 8 years of a First Lady with a pleasant look about her. . . Michelle Obama is always gonna look like someone pooted in her face. And couple that with her history. . . it's hard NOT to ascribe badshit to her.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.