1. #1 An Italian Politician Convicted in Sweden For Pulling Sons Hair 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    An Italian politician was convicted by a Swedish court on Tuesday for assaulting his son while on holiday in Stockholm in a case that has sparked heated debate in both Italy and Sweden....

In finding Giovanni Colasante, 46, a local politician from Canosa di Puglia in southern Italy, guilty of assault, the court fined him 6,600 kronor ($990)....Colasante was arrested on August 23rd as he and his family were about to enter a Stockholm eatery in the city's historic Gamla Stan (Old Town) district.

They were in the Swedish capital on vacation as part of a cruise that was to take them to several Nordic countries....But when Colasante's 12-year-old son refused to go into the restaurant, the boy's father reacted and, according to witnesses, attacked the young lad.

http://www.thelocal.se/36104/20110913/

COMMENTS:

When they get back to Italy That kids in big trouble ..

Fabulous Poster
    I believe in proper corporal punishment. I don't consider hair pulling to be part of that, and a man who would pull a child's hair deserves to have another adult, in this case the state, set him straight.

I had a police officer in Ocean City explain this to a Hare Krishna who grabbed his son by the top knot and tossed him on a bench. That kid's crime was being a kid.

Men who do not restrain themselves, deserve to have other men explain it to them.

The witnesses stated that he pulled the kid's hair hard enough to lift the kid off the ground, which I find a little hard to believe when it comes to a 12 year old-wouldn't the hair of a kid that big break from that kind of force?. If the dad did pull the kid's hair that hard, that's way outside the lines of normal discipline.

I wonder how the swedes apply their ban on corporal punishment to the ever-growing swedish- muslim community? We don't make exceptions for muslims who beat their children in Michigan.