Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Attack Watch, new Obama campaign site becomes laughing stock of the internet 
    As the 2012 presidential campaign heats up, President Obama’s campaign team has set up a new Web site, AttackWatch.com, to challenge negative statements about the president made by Republican presidential candidates and conservatives.

Obama for America national field director Jeremy Bird told ABC News that the site’s goal is to offer “resources to fight back” against attacks. Mostly, that means fact checking statements from the likes of GOP presidential contenders Mitt Romney and Rick Perry and conservative commentator Glenn Beck and offering evidence to the contrary. The site is designed in bold red and black colors, and uses statements like “support the truth” and “fight the smears.”

The response to the site has been less than stellar.

On Twitter, where the Web site has an account to help Obama supporters submit evidence of “attacks” on the president using the hashtag #attackwatch, nearly every tweet about the site has ridiculed it.

“There's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob,” an Arizonan tweeted. ...
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...HDSK_blog.html

I have to say some of the responses on Twitter are very funny.

I reported this site for unfairly accusing Obama of supporting the Zionist pigs.

http://www.attackwatch.com/news-feed...acts-on-israel

Him having this site suggests that it should have been in SLT thread.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Him having this site suggests that it should have been in SLT thread.
    You make a good point. :)

I say we all report each other and whoever gets a t-shirt or first class ticket to the re-education camp hidden under DIA makes sure they either take pics of the t-shirt or save us spaces in the good bunks. :p I want top bunk, by the door.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I want top bunk, by the door.

~QC
    I hope you're not a bed wetter!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I hope you're not a bed wetter!:eek:
    Nope. . . It's a good spot from which to plan escapes. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I say we all report each other and whoever gets a t-shirt or first class ticket to the re-education camp hidden under DIA makes sure they either take pics of the t-shirt or save us spaces in the good bunks. :p I want top bunk, by the door.

~QC
    Don't report each other.

Report members of DU and Daily Kos who are saying disgruntled things about Obama. Its funnier when he has to waste time disproving what his own party is saying about him.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

There is now a site to "watch those watching you"

http://www.attackwatchwatch.com/Home.html

http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.com/
    As Yogi Berra would say, "It's Deja Vu all over again." Only this time we're not talking about Barack Obama's latest effort to spend hundreds of billions of dollars (that we don't have) on shovel ready jobs (which don't exist).

No, we're talking about "Attack Watch," the new website which exists for the sole purpose of letting people rat out anyone who speaks negatively of Barack Hussein Obama. The website, which sports a black background which is about as welcoming as a hug from Darth Vader, invites people to share what "attack" they've heard, where they heard it, and promises that tipsters will receive 30 pieces of silver in the future "if those terrorist sons of bitches in the GOP House just pass the president's entirely paid for spending bill".

Okay, it doesn't actually say that, but it's pretty clearly implied.

And the reason that all of this smells so familiar is because Obama did it all before when he demanded that citizens turn in their neighbors at the offensively-named Flag@Whitehouse.gov a couple of years ago (and which Hope n' Change covered here).

And while all of this suggests the frightening totalitarian mindset of Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, or East Germany, there is good news to report.

The president's "Attack Watch" website has rapidly been turned into one of the biggest jokes on the Internet by tens of thousands of Americans who believe that Freedom of Speech is something to be exercised instead of reported...and that attacks on the Constitution are more dangerous than attacks on a sleazy, hate-mongering political hack from Chicago.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!