WASHINGTON - A flight bound for San Francisco that carried U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to be evacuated at Dulles International Airport after the pilot noticed something was wrong with the engine.

Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority spokeswoman Kimberly Gibbs says the United Airlines flight was on the airport taxiway around 1 p.m. Wednesday when the pilot noticed a problem and decided to evacuate.
Gibbs says all the passengers, including Ginsburg, used emergency chutes to exit and were taken to the terminal.
snip
United spokesman Mike Trevino says one person was injured, but he didn't have other details.....Supreme Court spokeswoman Patricia McCabe Estrada confirmed Ginsburg was on the flight...... Estrada says Ginsburg was not injured. She was headed to San Francisco for an event.
Trevino says 179 passengers and six crew members were aboard.

Gibbs said those injured were taken to a hospital. The remaining passengers were taken back to the terminal on "mobile lounges."

Jodi Gersh, the social media director for Gannett Media, was on the plane and live-tweeted the events as they unfolded.

At 12:47 p.m., Gersh tweeted:

My plane just had an emergency evacuation- down the slides. I am shaking. I don't yet know why. People were screaming. #iad #unitedless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet ReplyJodi Gersh jodiontheweb

She also notes on Twitter that a passenger on the plane saw smoke from a possible fire in one of the engines.

United spokesman Mike Trevino says one person was injured, but he didn't have other details.
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2544711