Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 This will make you angry 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Im only going to post the link. This is an extreme case of animal cruelty that I have never seen before.

    The pictures at the news link are VERY DISTURBING.

    To be honest, I am at a loss for words.

    Komo News link
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,739
    There should be a special Hell for people who do this to animals.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    There should be a special Hell for people who do this to animals.
    I consider myself pretty tough. When I am browsing the news, I usually allow my eleven year old boy to also browse with me that we we can discuss things in the news if he asks questions. Those pictures made me ill. I can't see allowing my son to see them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,297
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    I consider myself pretty tough. When I am browsing the news, I usually allow my eleven year old boy to also browse with me that we we can discuss things in the news if he asks questions. Those pictures made me ill. I can't see allowing my son to see them.
    I had a similar pic sent to me by a friend about a week ago, but couldn't bring myself to post it. People who do that to animals get me sick.

    This brings back bad memories. My first greyhound, my heart dog Jessie, was this thin from cancer. My ex refused to grant him mercy and put him down. This dragged on for months and tore me apart. There are many reasons for someone being an ex. This was high on the list.

    Sadly many greyhounds suffer this fate from racing kennels when they're about to close. There's no excuse for the greys, as there are rescue groups who will help. Can't tell you how many t-shirts I have bought in the past on e-bay auctions for rescue groups. There's always a way to somehow raise a bit of money to help, even in these tough times.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,010
    I can't click on the link as to stories like this literally make me sick to my stomach.
    :mad:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I had a similar pic sent to me by a friend about a week ago, but couldn't bring myself to post it. People who do that to animals get me sick.

    This brings back bad memories. My first greyhound, my heart dog Jessie, was this thin from cancer. My ex refused to grant him mercy and put him down. This dragged on for months and tore me apart. There are many reasons for someone being an ex. This was high on the list.

    Sadly many greyhounds suffer this fate from racing kennels when they're about to close. There's no excuse for the greys, as there are rescue groups who will help. Can't tell you how many t-shirts I have bought in the past on e-bay auctions for rescue groups. There's always a way to somehow raise a bit of money to help, even in these tough times.
    I had a 45 year friendship end for the same reason. She had a cat that was gravely ill. The animal was clearly in pain. She didn't want to "kill" him so she let him linger on for over two weeks. She gave him water with an eyedropper which was some mercy at least. I begged her to end his suffering. In the end he passed away but I could never forgive her for allowing that kind of suffering. I could never bring myself to speak to her again. After 45 years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    I consider myself pretty tough. When I am browsing the news, I usually allow my eleven year old boy to also browse with me that we we can discuss things in the news if he asks questions. Those pictures made me ill. I can't see allowing my son to see them.
    I'm 52 and I didn't go past the emaciated dog. It's not that I don't want to know, I just don't want to see it. The people who make their living or volunteer their time dealing with the abused animals are right up there with people who deal with similar things in humans in my book. I don't equate the animals with the humans, but my emotions are very much the same.

    I live in God's Waiting Room, and occasionally we'll have a case of horrible neglect or abuse of an elder person. Worse, in a way, we often have cases of people who are found in deplorable conditions simply because either no one came to see them, or they had cut off the outside world.

    Where do we draw the line between minding our own business, and compassionate intervention?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Posting an update on this story:
    Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    An Olympia woman is facing three counts of felony animal cruelty after eight animals were seized from her home last month.

    Rebecca Lynn Turner, 28, is scheduled to appear in Thurston County Superior Court on Oct. 25.

    Animal Services seized four horses, three dogs and one pot-bellied pig from Turner’s home in the 6300 block of Zangle Road on Sept. 13.

    Two felony counts are for the neglect of two Great Danes that are described in court papers as “horribly emaciated.”

    During the seizure, Animal Services Director Susanne Beauregard called one Dane a “walking skeleton” and worried if they would survive.

    The dogs, Nemesis and Raja, were brought to the Hawks Prairie Veterinary Hospital.

    As of Oct. 14, Raja had gained 37 pounds and Nemesis had gained 27 pounds, according to court papers.


    Turner faces a third felony count for the neglect of a Paint stallion horse that showed “dramatic weight loss.”

    Turner also faces three misdemeanor counts of failure to provide humane care for two Arabian mares and 2-year-old Paint mare.
    Highlighting the best part.

    News link
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    2,988
    there were 2 fuckers here charged with throwing a cat on a hot out door grill then closing the lid.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    OMG. You could use those poor dogs to give a lesson on the skeleton of a canine.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •