Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1 Sri Lanka Buddhist Monks Destroy Muslim shrine on Buddhist land 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    A group of Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka led a crowd that demolished a Muslim shrine last week. This incident took place on Saturday in Anuradhapura, an ancient Buddhist city and Unesco world heritage site.

    The monk who led the group told the BBC he did it because the shrine was on land that was given to Sinhalese Buddhists 2,000 years ago

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14926002

    COMMENTS:
    Nothing new here,..Muslims have been usurping others religious holy sites for years..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,031
    According to Islam, al-ilah (aka Allah) owns everything. Once his "army" conquers something in his name, it belongs to him, and nobody can take it away. That's the way Islam looks at Spain and Jerusalem for example.

    I see a good omen here.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    According to Islam, al-ilah (aka Allah) owns everything. Once his "army" conquers something in his name, it belongs to him, and nobody can take it away. That's the way Islam looks at Spain and Jerusalem for example.

    I see a good omen here.


    I know what you are saying, but I would hate to see some kind of backlash directed at the Buddhists. They are peace-loving people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,147
    I think all the religions of the world should unite and slaughter all the muslims just to be safe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know what you are saying, but I would hate to see some kind of backlash directed at the Buddhists. They are peace-loving people.
    Yes, but they are not all pacifists. It would be a serious mistake for someone to assume that the monks of Shaolin, for example, cannot take care of themselves in a fight. Many Buddhists engange in physical conflict as a means of achieving enlightenment, and it is reflected in the martial traditions of the zen archers, the samurai and the various Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and other East Asian nations. .
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    The US should have destroyed the mosque's in Iraq that were being used to harbor the enemy and kill American soldiers. Screw their holy places. We should learn from the Buddhists.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I think all the religions of the world should unite and slaughter all the muslims just to be safe.
    I love how Bailey says what most conservatives think but don't have to balls to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I love how Bailey says what most conservatives think but don't have to balls to say.
    honestly find it a stupid bs comment, SM Striling the writer got banned from AlternateHistory.com forums for comments similar (though the owner had it out for him and they are a bunch of libtard asshats over there too)
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    honestly find it a stupid bs comment, SM Striling the writer got banned from AlternateHistory.com forums for comments similar (though the owner had it out for him and they are a bunch of libtard asshats over there too)
    Its either us or them...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Its either us or them...
    That is how I feel.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •