1. #1 Chimpeachment time again 
    Newsjock (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-09-08 04:20 PM
    Original message
    McDermott (D-Wash.) pushes impeachment
    Advertisements [?]Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., delivered these remarks on the House floor Tuesday:

Mr. Speaker: For the last two years I have struggled with the issue of whether the House should consider impeachment of a sitting President.

... The allegations that would warrant impeachment keep growing. They have been illuminated in many recent books including The Way of the World by Ron Suskind, the book by Vincent Bugliosi, and the new book by Bob Woodward, The War Within.

Over five years ago, I tried to place an asterisk in the Congressional Record next to the statements about Iraq the President made to Congress. I was attacked for saying the President would mislead us into the war, but the American people ultimately learned the truth.

... There seems to be no end to the allegations and we have a responsibility to investigate their authenticity. That's why I am signing onto a resolution to consider impeachment of the President.

Read more: http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seattlepolitics/arch...
    It's gotten to the point where Lucy doesn't even bring the football anymore.

Poor DUmmies..

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3479564

Sonnabend
    anotheryellowdog Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-09-08 06:28 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    22. I agree that impeachment is unlikely at this point, but

making the case for it makes sense. Biden has already said he will pursue justice against Bushco if they are found to have committed crimes. If we actually manage to win this thing, the more people we have on board for going after Bush, the greater the pressure will be on Biden to make good on his promise. Of course we all know Bushco is in it up to their criminal necks, but in politics it always seems to be a question of having enough heat to burn the bastards. The more that sign on now, the better for us and the cause.
    Go right ahead and bury Barack.

We'll be over here cheering.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    no_hypocrisy (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-09-08 04:36 PM
    Response to Original message4.
    Cool! Dennis has a partner!
    Great, two retards.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm sure Chimpy McFlightsuit is shaking in his boots.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ