1. #1 NASA Detects Planet Dancing With a Pair of Stars 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A Planet With Two Suns

From double sunrise to double sunset the show goes on, always changing...Sometimes the orange sun rises first. Sometimes it is the red one, although they are never far apart in the sky and you can see them moving past each other, casting double shadows across the firmament and periodically crossing right in front of each other.

Such is life, if it were possible, on the latest addition to the pantheon of weird planets now known to exist outside the bounds of our own solar system...... It is the first planet, astronomers say, that has been definitely shown to be orbiting two stars at once, circling at a distance of 65 million miles a pair of stars that are themselves circling each other much more closely........ A team of astronomers using NASAís Kepler planet-hunting spacecraft announced the discovery on Thursday in a paper published online in the journal Science, in a talk at a conference in Jackson Hole, Wyo., and in a news conference at NASAís Ames Research Laboratory in Mountain View, Calif., Keplerís headquarters.

The official name of the new planet is Kepler 16b, but astronomers are already referring to it informally as Tatooine, after the home planet of Luke and Anakin Skywalker in the George Lucas ďStar WarsĒ movies, which also had two suns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/sc...anet.html?_r=2

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    cool
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry